If you can, Please Help.

Originally Posted By: Matthew Anselmo
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello all, I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found this board.

Though I do not know if it is appropriate or proper etiquette for me to request information from this form, any answers would be appreciated. I am not affiliated with this field and know very little about homes, which is why I am here.

By the way, I do understand that some people may shy away from delving into a conversation with details and specifics that are understood with years of work with someone who has never observed the topic for the benefit of both parties. But I do believe that I can absorb common sense hints, investigate good resources, and digest broad advice with broad answers.

Here is my issue.

I am purchasing my first home built by Pulte in Kansas. Only the foundation walls and basement floor are in, and there is a crack that runs almost twenty feet across the basement floor running from the front of the house to the back that graduates about four feet diagonal. The crack looks something like this.
..........................................................................................|
..........................................................................................|
.........................................................................................|
....................................................................................... /
...................................................................................... /
....................................................................................../
.....................................................................................|
.....................................................................................|
......................................................................................\
Anyone that can tell me anything about Pulte, Kansas soil, the crack, hints of what else to look for, anything would be appreciated greatly. When I say greatly I mean I would sleep better if I had any knowledge ? good or bad ? about this situation. Even if you don't answer, thank you for reading my post.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Duplicate

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Matthew,

It is not unusual to find cracks in basement floors of new homes. One reason is shrinkage but 20' seems rather excessive. Next batter up please.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect
![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Originally Posted By: psabados

Mathew

Any idea when the foundation was poured

Paul

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Read some ways other people who had problems with Pulte tried to deal with their issues.

The Pulte Homes Experience Also check some of the links at the bottom of that page.

Get a real estate attorney on your side. The costs will be well worth it to have an experienced real estate attorney ON YOUR SIDE. Pulte has legal staff. So should you. Even if it's just a one time consultation.

Find a Kansas Real Estate Attorney Ask about their experience with Pulte Homes.

Good Luck, Make it work for you.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Matthew Anselmo

It was poured about a month ago, give or take

Originally Posted By: psabados

Mathew send me an email or private message. totoville@msn.com

I may be able to help somewhat

Paul