If you don't like a thread, why do you continue to read it.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

We have varied subjects on the board.

Our webmaster has done a wonderful job of categorizing them.
This allows those who want to focus on one or more particular topics to do just that. It helps you decide what you want to read and what you don't want to read. So do the message subjects.

It should not mean that other topics are not allowed. Yes, this is a home inspector message board, mostly about home inspections, but occassionally some of us want to discuss something else. That's why there is a section titled "Miscellaneous Discussions: Discuss whatever you wish here".

I don't see any membership requirement that says you have to read every post on the board. It's your choice to read or not to read.

For those who don't understand the word miscellaneous:

adj.
Made up of a variety of parts or ingredients.
Having a variety of characteristics, abilities, or appearances.
Concerned with diverse subjects or aspects.

Why must you try to limit other people's thoughts? Are you afraid of them. If you don't like them, why do you continue to read them.

Help me understand why you feel it is your place to limit what other people post!

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hi Joe and Igor,

I agree. I thought the best way for me to express my opinion was to stop reading and replying to the thread. If everyone would do the same then sooner or later they will get tired of going at each other.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jremas

I was aware of the post on “inspirational” but never read it because it did not interest me. Also, I am just too busy to sit there and read it. I was not aware of a controversy with it until I talked to Nick on the phone and he told me a little bit about it. I decided to check it out but there are too many posts that have nothing to do with improving me or my business so I stopped reading (still don’t have the time anyway). I just decided not to read it so now I am oblivious to it.

Let's just worry about keeping our side of the street clean. The last I checked, this was a home inspection message board, nothing else. If I want to rant and rave about another subject, I can easily find a message board out there on any subject.

Just in my professional opinion,

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Jeff, I understand your point about it being a Home Inspectors’ message board, but if I want to talk to my Home Inspector friends about non home inspector issues, the miscellaneous forum is the place to do it.

By the way, you are remarkably focused on HI Stuff.

It took me at least two minutes to find stuff you had posted that had absolutely nothing to do with Home Inspections.

Only about 15 seconds for me to find stuff I had posted that had nothing to do with home inspections.

If y'all (who've been around for awhile) really want a hoot, and bring back some memories at the same time, search for you own past posts.

Anyone remember BITCHI, the nation's smallest home inspector organization. ROFLMAO.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com