if you think you're protected from home safe

Or how we B-Bque hot dogs or back the truck in the driveway or how you push dirt with a bulldozer. :roll::roll:

I kind of like it in the public forum.

This plaintiff sued ASHI and ASHI’s President.

This plaintiff then sued InterNACHI (for non-payment BTW :wink: ). InterNACHI has hired a patent expert and two separate law firms in two different states, and has been fighting them for 7 months. I’m not settling ever. We’ll see who runs out of money first.

So it seems NACHI Inspectors are no longer “safe” from being sued by these alleged patent trolls because evidently the “partnership” with NACHI is now null & void.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks Nick.

But it still doesn’t explain Flir and Fluke not being vocal on this issue.

Using my listening to music on an ipod example, this would be like Amazon and Best Buy fighting back while Apple did nothing. Flir and Fluke are the ones who’s products are being damaged by the trolls.

Also I agree with Sean that this thread IMO puts a bad light on NACHI and should be moved out of the public view, also so other Inspectors will feel more free to voice their opinions.

I think it’s fine in the open section. The entire inspection industry should know which association folded like a wet paper bag and paid off this plaintiff, and which association (InterNACHI) hired two law firms and has been battling them.

NACHI had the opportunity and IMO the responsibility to lead the attack on these patent trolls, but chose a different route along with much ado about how they might use it to put non-members out of their business and homes. Perhaps now the organization will go after the inappropriately broad application of the patent claims.

There’s something karmic about it.

We’re all sitting ducks.

How’s that crow taste now???

Nick,

Did you give Homesafe a list of all the NACHI members? Did you tell them who uses IR?

Chuck Evans (TREC #7657)
Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer (#8402)
HomeCert Houston Home Inspections & Thermal Inspections Find us on Facebook
Houston Thermal Inspections & Infrared Imaging Find us on Facebook
TheWoodlandsHomeInspection.com
All they have to do is visit the forum we all advertise what we do

Yes. We gave them the entire list of InterNACHI members who are using their patented process including phone numbers, home addresses, and mother’s maiden names. :roll: It was a blank sheet of paper. That’s why they sued us.

I predict that they’ll end up no better than all the other plaintiffs before them who committed financial suicide by suing InterNACHI.

I’m no lawyer but I think anything said or shared on a public/private forum should be limited regardless if a company has or believes to have a water tight case.

Amazing how many form conclusions with only one side of the story, without fact checking anything and with very very limited information. But people show their true colors. It is the same ones all the time.

Exactly what conclusions are you talking about? I think that you’re the only one who has put forth a legal opinion stated as fact in the matter.

My opinion, position on the issue has not changed since the day it was announced. I terminated my membership over it.

For your sake I hope you are correct. There is more at stake now then your humorous post. If you fail to complete the task, the ripple effect for the entire industry could be ugly. Including all members who are supposed to be protected.

Meh…

Home Safe’s claims are weak. They probably know this. Just because some dolt in the patent office gives you a patent doesn’t mean your patent is law. A patent gives you a right to defend your idea in court. That’s it.

Juries hate patent trolls. Home Safe probably knows this too. If they want to maintain their ability to “shakedown,” they need to stay as far away from juries as possible. A jury verdict against them will cripple their ability to “shakedown” settlements in the future.

IMHO, they will blink first before they let a jury decide the value of their patent.

For the record, this entire post is an opinion ;).

So I guess you think that a $195 Home Inspector has the capital to take on the most feeble patent troll and should not worry about it?

To refresh your memory, this whole NACHI thing came up because a Home Inspector from Mississippi “WAS” being sued!

So much for your “opinion”…

I love that Beatles song…

We’re so sorry, Uncle Albert,
We’re so sorry if we caused you any pain.

:mrgreen:

The Beatles?

Like your previous statements on this issue, you may want to check that.