If you wife goes into labor...

Best of luck for a healthy baby and wife. :slight_smile:

I’m sure I know what I would do.

I would go into shock, then faint. :shock:

My wife had a complete hysterectomy right after our first child, 25 years ago! :mrgreen:

The realtor that I am working with today is overdue in her pregnancy and showing up for this mornings inspection. I am ready to inspect and deliver!

A report or a baby?

So this is what our profession has come to, or is this what America has come to. You are worried about missing a job or two when your wife, the one person show should be most improtant to you, is giving birth to your child. I really hope that she isnt reading this thread, becasue if she is she will not be happy. You are putting the pursuit of money before your family. Whatever happened to family values. Oh I forgot, that job is much more improtant.

Labor is not something you can predict. My daugher was born after 47 minutes of labor. My son took over 12 hours. There is not crystal ball to say how long it will take, unless, of course, she is getting a C-section.

I cannot wrap my mind around this thread. That you would worry about an inspection when your wife is about to have a baby. Good luck to you. You are going to need it.

Maybe its a side chick?!?! :shock:

wsiegel- relax - What I think he means that if he is in the middle of an inspection and he gets the call, what is the proper way to handle it.

That’s how I interpreted it :stuck_out_tongue:

Best of Luck Mike K with the new addition… :smiley:

I would have to say this beats any of “The most stupidly asked Home Inspector Questions” of the year…

They should put that on on the Home Inspector License Test…

perhaps he would like to provide food and shelter for his wife and baby.

Everyone’s situation is different. My father in law dropped my mother in law off in front of the emergency room and went to the beer joint for both of her children.

I was with my wife through her entire labor, all 36 hours of it, and I’m glad I did it. This was long ago, 1983, and unemployment was at all time high, and I joined the unemployment crowd after missing my 2nd straight day. The stress of not having a job to feed your new baby and make a house payment is immense on a 21 year old youngster.

Do what you feel you must. No one has a right to judge you except the man in the mirror.

Good Luck! :smiley:

Yes, what I was asking was if you are in the middle of inspecting, can you just up & vacate your job without any negative consequences? It seems that since we also sign the InterNACHI agreement that we might be held to something. However, I wasn’t asking if the financial benefit of one more sweet inspection fee outweighs the karma points of being there for the birth of my child. I’m pretty clear on that…

I would imagine the client would be understanding. I know I would if I were the client, but not all clients are as nice, or patient. The way I see it, you could reschedule, or refund.

But I’m a better gambler than a lawyer :mrgreen: I would take a chance that it wouldn’t happen during the 3 hours I’m on the inspection.

i’d send my helper to the child birth. YUCK