Illinois Pre-Licensing/New Guy

Greetings, I’m Damarron(call me, DJ) and I’m a new InterNACHI member seeking licensing in Illinois. I have no experience whatsoever, so any help would greatly appreciated but I am DEDICATED to becoming a full-time home inspector and wanted to introduce myself to the inspection community. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell what order the pre-licensing courses should be completed, it so confusion to me. I see that InterNACHI will allow me do it in any order, but I like i said it’s confusing. For right now I need some type of syllabus to get on the right track, InterNACHI doesn’t supply that for us. If they do have one, I can’t find it.

Heck…I’m flip flopping between these two courses, InterNACHI Home Inspection Standards of Practice Course and Illinois Pre-Licensing Program

I’m look forward to networking and learning from all of you individuals. Thanks in advance!

DJ

Damarron, contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and https://www.nachi.org/my/mentoring

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors .

And there is the Helpful How-To Videos - InterNACHI® for many other things.

P.S. Welcome to our forum. Enjoy!

Thank you. Will do.

Damarron, just as an FYI. If you like someone’s post, it is nice to click on the hand under that post as sort of an attaboy//thank you.

Welcome aboard to our forum…enjoy!!

I’m glad you are here.

Larry Kage, CMI-retired

Awards Committee Member

2020 Member of the Year/Gromicko Award winner

3 Likes

Welcome DJ, hopefully some Illinois inspectors will pop in for some advice. However if I were in your shoes I would focus on one course or requirement at a time.