I'm all for background checks, but having the federal government do them is nuts!

Governments are the reason we need our guns.

The purpose of the 2nd amendment was not to protect duck hunting. Everyone back then hunted ducks.

We sure have some ignorant politicians.

Times have changed. Now they hunt people.

The NICS Background Check system in place today

was resultant of the efforts of the NRA…
(Democrats then did not want background checks, they wanted “waiting periods”…)

do your checks and look at the history…

Also back in the 1990’s, The NRA insisted on the inclusion of Mental Health records in the background Checks…

Politicians, the AMA and the http://www.psych.org/
were against and have continued to lobby against inclusion…

The frustration of Wayne LaPierre is quite understandable if you have followed the history of gun legislation…

Same as game,
just do not lead them as much…

http://republicanredefined.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/gun-control-political-cartoon.jpg

You cannot legislate insanity.

Proposed legislation in CA will require background checks for the purchase of AMMO. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have over 10,000 rounds for each firearm owned…

I do not see the need to purchase in the near future…

Early Investment in Lead
produces a better
Return on Investment than Gold or Silver…
:slight_smile:

Just asking but what is wrong with a background check ?
Are you guys revolutionaries ready to attack the Federal government ?

That makes it even more needed.

Answered in order asked:

Nothing, provided it isn’t being done by the very same government those guns are meant to thwart.

One is not a “revolutionary” for simply insisting the government recognize the supreme law of the land. It is the very fact that they employ people who don’t understand that the 2nd amendment doesn’t restrict you or me, but rather restricts the federal government… is why we can’t let them violate it more than ever.

The biggest issue is not deciding once and for all if bearing arms means militia or individual.
By not defining it they can be foggy as they wish.

Here’s what you/we should be more concerned with. You can have 50,000 rounds for your AR15…

Does not bother Iran at all.

Iran with US spyplane drone..jpg

After the Assassination of Bobby Kennedy…
Federal Law was introduced to ban the use and possession of Firearms by those deemed mentally impaired.
it was 1969…
That law is on the Books… and never enforced… compliance / enforcement argued by the ACLU…
fast forward today…
we have children Killed
and we Now want answers…

This very situation was asked, answered and addressed over 40 years ago…
… ask the Congress why we have the situation now due to lack of enforcement of 40 year old laws.

No problem with it at all…
I do a great deal of work within the school system so myself and all employees servicing Educational Accounts must have an Annual Federal and State Background Check…

However…
The Universal background Check touted by the Demotards is misguided and meaningless at best…

How many criminals do you think actually PURCHASE ammo? A very small percentage I would bet. That small percentage will drop to 0% if background checks are required. At that point 100% of the criminals will obtain their ammo in illegally.

So you tell me, what’s the point of a background check?

Criminals don’t care about laws and regulations. They will obtain their weapons and ammo in any way they feel fit. These regulations apply ONLY to law abiding citizens.

Criminals will not get a drivers license so why bother having them ?:shock:
Criminals will break deadbolts so why having them ?
Criminals will go through red lights so why bother installing them at intersections ?

Ah… you got my point.

and a criminal will some day (statistically) encounter me…
:slight_smile:
The day that his Lawlessness ends…

My mother was shot dead by a gun. I would be shot dead to if I had the authority to control them. No one would like my policy on guns.

Why the 2nd Amendment is an unalienable right…
no need to be written or defined…
it is a right given by our creator…