Important: new Ontario Home inspector licensing and grandfathering of CMIs. ACT NOW!

I concur.

Bunk, for the media by the media seeded by the government or others wishing greater market share.

Mike Holmes capitalized on media and sensationalism.
Funny he did not mention he was not a licensed general contractor.
Funny he opened a franchise for his son to which he earns 50% without liability or so I have heard.

Claude, I suspect any data presented can be skewed data and be used as a talking point.
Joe Ferry has handled over 1,200 such claims to date with an average of 99.7 of those claims being without merit.

Thanks for your point of view.

So why has Joe Ferry advised so many Home Inspectors in Ontario that he couldn’t deal in this jurisdiction and that his program is not available for this jurisdiction?

Len, one would think that the person who has full access to the complaints within her ministry would have evidence to show, would be transparent, insuring there is no hidden agenda.

You see any?
Has anyone?
Have many asked?
If so, for how long?

Same old BS by the politicians.

Well then… You should feel right at home dealing with the politicians.

Why ask me?

I have retained Joe Ferry as my advocate for over 2 years.
I am about to renew again in September, Pat.
I think that will make 3 years consecutive.

He or his office notified me just a few days ago and I am happy he did.
I forget these things.
Life has been complicated these past several years.

He is a real professional and a great family man from what I remember.
Always ready to include his wife and son on social media.
Even when I have communicated with him via email he would answer my questions about his family.
He does not have to do that you know but I am sure happy when he does.

Come to think of it, Pat, I never received A RENEWAL NOTIFICATION from OnatioACHI.
I was attacked on the MB for saying that I never received my renewal and was amazed at the answers I received.
I was also attacked for saying I could not log into my accounts.
Len was busy building someone else web site.
No one had time for my emails.
I just gave up!!!

Pat, maybe the directors should sit down and rethink how communications are handled on and off the MB.
Also, how to start a new chapter in OnatioACHI life and turn a new leaf.
Just my opinion.

Pat, we do not have to agree on everything but we can continue to remain friends.
A great man taught me that.

Want to use my IR camera, Ti100?
It’s at your disposal any time.
Just pass by and take good care of it.
Best regards as always.
Robert

Again, different province, different ways of doing things.

Steve already commented on your OntarioACHI post, as did I. And, this was repeatedly answered to you on previous threads. You were asked repeatedly if you had sent a request to the registrar and confirmed you didn’t… Who was supposed to send it for you? The same person in charge of wiping your ignorant arse?

Yes my friends and I can disagree at times and this is why we have a great time and improve our outlook in life…

What my Friends do is spend time to try to understand a topic before they question everything that has no effect in their jurisdiction (using falsehoods and lies) and then, they discuss politely and try to understand my point of view - Just as I passionately try to grasp theirs…

What my Friends do when they don’t understand something is they send me a message or call - They don’t take pleasure in attacking me on an open message board…

What my Friends do is try to understand that I’m spending time trying to better the Profession I’m in whilst at the same time taking care of business, family illness and general chaos…

Best of all is my Friends support me and assist me whenever they can! I know who they are and how and for what I can rely on them - And they know the same about myself.

What my friends don’t do is what you’ve been doing for the past while… They don’t spend incredible amounts of time insulting me and other friends on an open message board… They don’t spend time trying to incorrectly attack using one sided facts from people who really are the cause of many issues…

So, which group do you belong to?

You were asked repeatedly if you had sent a request to the registrar:roll:
I was a member in good standing.

Len is the registrar.
More “evidence” he is manipulating how OntrioACHI is run.

Your directors can miss paying membership dues by 90 days when their back is up against the wall after they get caught but denied it until the cat is out of the bag but members no?

I think Roy Cooke mentioned another case in point as well.
Can you not see the hypocrisy?

Pat, without question OnatioACHI makes it up as they move along to avoid facing mistakes.

You did not notify me that my chapter renewal was pending.
Unbelievable. Totally unbelievable.

You Sir were advised on numerous occasions to contact the Registrar and refused to do so. You are now blaming everyone else for your failure.

Roy posts lies and false information! This has been repeatedly proven but you can’t see or hear this because your head is so far up his jacksy that your ears are plugged.

You want to know something about OntarioACHI: Contact them - Attacking on a separate message board to impress others doesn’t do it.

Attacking someone at OntarioACHI because you heard something from someone doesn’t do it.

I am now seeing what the previous posts from others are all about! You are definitely a two-faced cyberbully.

And before you blow your *** this is MY opinion!

So now we know. You are more than done!

Buy a freaking calendar already you whiney crybaby! Google has a FREE one if you’re too cheap!!!

Unbelievable. Totally unbelievable.

Roy, in Quebec the OACIQ grandfathered REA’s to Brokers in 2013.
Looks like history is worth repeating.

I am certain some invested REA was reading a thread on InterNACHI MB.
We have discussed the topic of grandfathering homies if the licensing topic ever lifted its head. I remember George Luck and the ACHI discussing this as well in Ontario.

I have well over $20,000 in reoccurring monthly or yearly payments to run my business.
Banks, associations, legal fees, insurance, education, etc…
They all notify me within a preset timeframe to renew by making a payment or that a credit card will be invoiced.

Funny only OntarioACHI insists I contact the president, ops, auditor, ops, founder, ops, Registrar.

Did I mention OntarioACHI directors have a 90 pass due cause to renew their membership?
Want me to get the string to see how that transpired and suddenly came to light?

I’ll save you the effort Robert. The reasons are here http://ontarioachi.ca/by-laws/

Bylaw 3.3 voted for unanimously by members at the AGM.

You might also want to look at Bylaw 3.1.1. also passed by a unanimous vote of members at the AGM.

What were you saying?

Please do.

I will Chris.

Clause 3.2 of the OntarioACHI Bylaws, passed unanimously by EVERY voter at the MORE THAN QUORUM loaded AGM gave this right to ALL members.

As an Associate Member Mr. Young should be fully aware of this, although I see no need to remind him here as it’s already been published on the OntarioACHI site.

As for Mr. Young himself. He is a current paid-up Associate Member (rights defined in section 3.1.3 of the OntarioACHI Bylaws, also passed by Members). I don’t know how long that will last given his penchant for breaking the OntarioACHI CoE here.

And why, one would ask is he an Associate member and not a full member? Section 3.1.1 of the Bylaws gives that away. To our knowledge he’s not an Ontario Inspector so is not entitled to Full OntarioACHI membership. (Again, in case we get someone saying we make the rules up as we go along, this was also passed by the membership at the AGM)

I hope this helps.

Some folks apparantly are not paying attention.
Their posts belong in File 13.

** I wonder why the OntarioACHI Directors do not follow their own bylaws .**
They ignore them frequently and also ignore the CMI rules .
I can see why OntarioACHI is failing with the directors worry about others and do nothing about them selves .
Now would be a good time for you guys to quit worrying about others and clean up your own act .

https://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=152951&stc=1&d=1473169305

Interesting .
OntarioACHI web site was down last week for some time .
They changed much and it was harder to get info .

Well It is now down again I wonder why .
Could they be hiding and removing things .

ontarioachi.ca/

This page can’t be displayed

• Make sure the web address http://ontarioachi.ca is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes

[quote=“rcooke, post:59, topic:109140”]

Interesting .
OntarioACHI web site was down last week for some time .
They changed much and it was harder to get info .

Well It is now down again I wonder why .
Could they be hiding and removing things .

ontarioachi.ca/
[

Website maintenance occurs… Only someone like you would try to stir up trouble by making it a big issue…

And you’re not answering the questions raised about your credentials…

Could it be you are in fact hiding something? Like not completing course requirements? Or exams? SAY IT ISN’T SO!

Sad to see the disintegration of a well respected senior inspector constantly attacking volunteers attempting to do a good job for the Profession.

Your continuous attempts to sabotage their efforts is nothing but juvenile and petty.

Just pointing out the plain facts which you are trying to conceal!](“https://www.google.ca/webhp#”)