In 2018 InterNACHI will be offering all of N. America free home inspections forever.

I agree! Let the local inspector market and win the inspections, any picking from NACHI would be suspect in my mind. As long as it works that way I am all in and ready to go. Only open to members and make what hoops they want, but let the local company compete based on quality, reputation, work ethic and so on.

At this stage, I’m building press kits to go to auction houses, offering to inspect the homes they have coming up for auction.

Perfect for fixer uppers

Where’s my leads? I’m ready to add some bookings.

So at this point then NACHI will find the homes about to go up for auction and pick an inspector that NACHI chooses to inspect an auction property which will help NACHI decide if they want to buy that home at auction. Sounds like it has nothing to do with general pre-listing inspections. Nothing to do with FREE inspections for sellers and/or sellers agents. Most homes at auction require cash buyers because they need a significant amount of repair before they could be financed which would leave a large portion of buyers out of the game. As home inspectors we would step in and inspect as we always have once the home gets flipped and check to see what the flipper screwed up.

Auctions have much potential for this program.
Especially if Nick can convince the site to put up a link with the free report, the potential bidder can check it out further than just crunching the numbers & going in blind?

No. We don’t buy any homes at auction. We inspect for the seller for free.

Everything to do with free inspections for sellers and lead generation for agents and inspectors.

Not expecting any flippers :wink:

Just like you’re not expecting to be taken to court. :shock:

I had an inspection recently, and was the second inspector. Two different buyers, two different inspectors, two different buyers agents, etc. First one walked, my buyer walked. Finally the agent gave the seller a list and said you need to fix this if you want to sell the house.
Given the general flow of things, that is at least a month of work, worry, offers, torn up contracts. I don’t know what has transpired with that property since. How much time and frustration would the seller and the listing agent have saved if all the information was available before an offer was made?
I agree with you though, many agents don’t want to know, and have told me that. The whole disclosure thing. And with the changes in the disclosure laws in Virginia, it is even worse. On the sellers side though, most want to know they are selling a good home and are genuinely surprised at some issues. Most sellers. There are those that just want to unload it.
I’d like to see this a requirement for foreclosures, auction and flip homes. I don’t think it would ever go through the gov’t, given the pull the Realtors have.

Nick, this would be a great offering to auction companies if that could be worked.
Would they have to also be a Realty company?
Most auctions are final and there is no time for a buyer’s inspection.
How would the buy back work?

So Nick, this will be available to anyone selling a house?

Question.
I love the idea of the auction houses.

Aren’t they the same as a FSBO?

1. How did we get from all homes to only certain auction homes that InterNACHI picks?

2. I guess my question really is how do I get selected to do these inspections?

Be careful. Zillow leads are very effective. My wife spends a good chuck of coin for these leads. They dominate this type market.

I don’t understand how this will double the amount of home inspections. If a buyers and the realtors don’t trust the pre sale inspection, sellers and selling agents won’t bother. If buyers and buyer agents do trust the pre sale inspection why would they bother with a second inspection.
Who sets the rate? In my market some guys are doing 90 minute crap inspections for $200 and some guys do what I do for $650. I charge $495 for a base. If there is no cap or guideline why wouldn’t we all start charging $1200 per inspection and giving the homeowner or agent $600 to use us?

Are you a CMI Ralph?

Another flawed idea. Auction houses are in business to sell houses and to do so quickly and with as little hassles as possible. Agents and sellers are the same way. Nobody is going to want to have a quality inspection performed and then made public. After being made aware of all the defects they are now required to disclose all the defects to every potential buyer. Of course buyers might like it as they will save their money on doing their own inspections and simply walk away and move on to a better quality (less defects to repaid) home. Gee, that should go over well with agents…LOL…ridicules idea.

I can see agents not wanting anything to do with a NACHI inspector after they lose even 1 deal. This silly idea will harm Nachi inspectors in the long run.

I have a much better idea for parch than this nutty, (Industry damaging) one.

If it is referrals they need and want well those all get generated by us the inspectors. I have a plan where all inspectors can get compensated for the referrals for all the home repairs needed by sellers and buyers alike. Te agents will not get harmed nor the sellers or buyers. Also the inspectors will benefit and do not need to release or make public any private client information thus a win, win for all involved.

This will make the agent and sellers much happier and both the all the people needing the repairs and us inspectors.

Additionally I have a way to expand this to include all inspections we do not just some random pre inspections. This will yield a much larger lead base for porch and more benefits for us the inspectors who ultimately are the ones driving all the clients anyway.

It is really a no brainer for porch to implement. I will be polishing up the concept and details soon, then maybe I should contact porch with the idea.?

Jim

I haven’t figured out how Porch or Home Depot or anyone like that can help us with it yet. Can you? I am quite certain the real estate leads are very valuable though, just need to figure out how to extract that value so that we can pay our members. The one and only auction test we did worked: 130 downloads. So we’re going to start working on press kits to send to auctioneers to try to land those inspections and those many buyer leads for our industry.

I’d love to hear about it.

I’m also launching another new program that will push consumer construction project oversight services that our members can do. Every roof or remodeling or construction project that costs a consumer more than $5K should have an InterNACHI member inspecting it at a couple stages, and certainly before the consumer makes the final payment to the contractor. www.OverSeeIt.com

And I think I can get the contractors to pay for the inspections. It would be a great sales tool for them:

"ABC Roofing doesn’t send a final bill
until an independent InterNACHI inspector
says the job has been done right!"

Anyway, I’m working on trying to provide free construction project oversight inspections to consumers.