In all my years, I’m not sure how to write this up?

During today’s home inspection, I noticed water coming out of the hallway bathroom. How should I write this up?

7 Likes

If’n ‘dat wooder is movin’ on itz own, I’d get the HELL out of there!

1 Like

Was it coming out, Or going in? Huge difference :wink:

4 Likes

Write it up as a trip hazard, if nothing else! :grinning:

1 Like

Was the water active or just staining? posable toilet overflow?

1 Like

It was bottled! :grinning:

3 Likes

O so this was a joke. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Cheers, Scott! :grinning: :wink:

2 Likes

Would you call that standing water?

5 Likes

Nope! I think they caught the terminator and bottled him. :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Stagnant water accumulation in various locations.

1 Like

How do you know it is stagnant?

There was floaties in there and they were trying to get out.

Observation: Manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in 4 plastic containers, approximately 4" inches apart creating an arch leading from the bathroom tiles to the carpeted hallway.
Safety. Trip fall hazard!
Recommendation: A licensed grocery store delivery professional place 2 manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in plastic into the refrigerator and the remaining 2 manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in plastic into the pantry.
*Monitor the 2 manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in plastic in the refrigerator for evaporation or completed use. When required, place the remaining 2 manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in plastic into the frigidaire when the existing 2 manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in plastic in the refrigerator are depleted.
Limitation: Allergy to manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in plastic.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your detailed input. In all my years in the construction trade this is the first time I have experienced this type of condition. I tried to Google and YouTube with no success as this condition must be very rare.

2 Likes

Strangely - in Australia, it goes in the other direction.

4 Likes

Evidence of overpriced water movement in hallway to bathroom threshold. No noticed damage. Recommend followup with licenesed and insured Brita salesmen.

2 Likes

That would be an orientation thingy I take it. Manufactured bulk water, in precise measured amounts, encased in 4 plastic containers, approximately 4" inches apart ‘creating a counter clockwise arch’ leading from the bathroom tiles to the carpeted hallway.
Code rules by chance?

You probably should include that It appears that the water was coming from multiple sources.

1 Like

This is a serious condition. This actually happened at my house. My wife and son yelled at me that water was coming out of the toilet. Me being the home inspector, I ran in as fast as I could! No damage was caused and I had it cleaned up in no time. My wife and son were no longer allowed in the bathrooms after the incident. Mainly cause they were laughing at me…

1 Like