In need of help getting started

hello everyone
I am in need of some advice . I just passed my state exam. I paid for article of organization, I have my company name. I would like to know what are my next steps in order. where do I start. what insurance company do I go with? do I need a ein from irs, id like to get rolling by the end of this month. any help is much appreciated . I wold also like to know if I can shadow someone in the Charleston SC area… thanks

Nicolae, get a quality accountant (CPA) and a quality business attorney to help you along. It will pay off in the long run.

As far as;

Contact some CMIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, of your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring.

Here is the link: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And another link for CPIs: Find an InterNACHI® Member’s ID Number

P.S. Welcome to our forum. Enjoy! :smile:

You may also need someone to help you with a website and getting that on the first page of Google. Many members here use:

Ian M. Robertson, CMI and are very happy with him, his services and pricing @:

Also, welcome to our forum!..enjoy! :smile:


Welcome Nicolae! Larry put it together nicely!

1 Like

Also, regarding insurance, InterNACHI has insurance here:

and here:

This is a document that was shared with me by Ted Emmes @temmes just recently as I was also first starting out and it helps answer A LOT of questions that will come up. Good Luck!
Helpful hints for New Inspectors.pdf (230.1 KB)

1 Like

Did you pass the SC business exam too? You will need a EIN if you plan on filing taxes. Since you have already filed with the state the EIN will only take 5 minutes to do online. You could have filed you Article of Organization with SC for a $125 fee and 15 minutes of your time. They would had approved your filing about as fast as you click the send button. Since you are asking these questions get an accountant as others have advised.