Increase Your Profits (For Inspectors Only Please)

Juan you are either missing the point, or trying to stir sh…it up. This is Not to change anything that you are currently doing Except… Instead of paying for whatever products or services you buy from any contractor or vendor, and give them your clients information, now you simply have those vendors pay you a FAIR amount for the leads. Simple as that.

Jim

I asked him twice, he laughed, I expected that from him as he is not really for and about the NACHI members any longer, at least fully. Sad but true.

Jim

Stir crap up? You are talking about selling client information for profit. My post describes that.

So do you agree it could be a viable Idea ?

It is an idea for those that are already selling clients information for nothing, actually even paying for it. Those people could be cashing in for WAY more profit.

Jim

That actually makes sense, and sounds quite lucrative! \:D/

It is and that is the point. But there is no sense in doing it but then giving up the inspection money ? that would be silly and put you bnack where you started at.

Jim

Jim

Actually there is a reason. Think about it Jim. Part of making an arrangement with a company would be promising them a certain number of leads. The average inspector does 200 inspections a year. A busy inspector can do 300-400 on his own. Of course, you have phenomenal guys like Jeff doing 550.

Anyways, in order to command a high fee for your leads, you need to be able promise a large amount of leads. If an inspector changed his revenue source to lead generation, he could drastically cut the cost of his inspections. This could allow the inspector to quickly grow a multi inspector firm and generate a number of leads that would be appealing to many companies.

In fact you could operate like service magic. You can send the lead out to 3 interested parties, and make them all pay.

Juan, there is no reason that one would have to promise/commit to any volume of leads. Once a per lead price is agreed upon, then the inspector would simply get paid per lead. This type of arrangement is similar to what is known as “Per Click”. Very widely used in many markets.

Of course with anything there needs to be details worked out. The point was that BIG money is being left on the table for some inspectors and it is time to put that money that they are generating bak into their pockets.

This method is not to kill the contractors/vendors at all, but to even out the playing field a bit and Help the Inspectors which should be our main concern.

Jim

You are thinking too small. I’m done here.

OH my friend, this is much bigger than anyone knows. But you need to start someplace. Eventually any vendor or contractor that wants the benefit of Client information from Home Inspectors will need to pay a fair price to the Inspectors for such information.

If you have more ideas, don’t be done, add to the idea please?

Jim

I just noticed, it looks like they moved this thread?? Interesting.

Jim

First of all you bring up another point which is what you allow an inspector to do or not to. Just my opinion but any inspector that would agree to that is cutting themselves short. This is a very bad business decision for anyone to make. Never cut off your options, this is a free market and you should rull your business as such.

What is another alarm company offered an better deal for the client information? Why be limited to your choices, as an inspector who controls the critical client information that actually generates the money (profit) for all parties involved.

Next, the fair price would need to be examined a little more, I am actually working on a little research on that now, just don’t have a good number yet that would be fair to all. That info is in the works. Of course I am always open to suggestions from others.

Jim

This is why I asked as per Nick not to have any vendors in this thread.
Inspectors can’t even have an open discussion without you interjecting with your extremely biased and most negative opinions.

To all of those that have sent me emails and PM’s I will get back to all of you today.

Jim

It’s called Nathan pollution :frowning:

This provision may only be enforceable if there is consideration between the parties who signed the contract. I could be wrong, so I suggest that those interested seek the advice of a competent attorney who serves YOU, and no other interested party.

As to Nate’s question to Jim K regarding taking a pledge and asking a question,

Remember that analogy regarding cosmetology?

Post those e-mails and you can clear it all up. Get it?

More two stepping from the putz.

What a p u s s y

Will you admit, or have one of your many attorneys explain, whether there is consideration or not?

Have them explain, once and for all, that consideration is one of the single most important aspects in any enforceable contract. A contract may be legal, but not enforceable. If a contract is oppressive, it may also be unenforceable, depending on the law and specific circumstances.

I am not providing legal advice, nor am I encouraging anyone to break anything. You have opened the door to the concept and conversation by evading the basic question as to the notion of consideration. You point to not allowing an inspector to do something. The advice to seek counsel is for all. It is prudent, and ultimately protects you from your own rantings on the subject.

For anyone familiar with contracts and basic contract law, you look like an idiot sometimes. While I may have no formal legal training (though you do not know this as fact), I suspect that neither do you. Therefore your answers have no more validity than mine. Yet, I have consistently advised folks to seek their own counsel, while you have not.

Have one of your attorneys come here and make a definitive statement. Make sure they identify themselves as being licensed and a member of the Bar. HAve them render a legal opinion.

This should be interesting. And please spare me the mumbo jumbo about zero value. For any consideration, there must be value. Whether or not one chooses to charge is secondary to a published, advertised, or known value of the product or service. So, there is either a value or there isn’t.

Sound advice may be for your attorneys to sift through your many explanations and comments regarding consideration and provide a written clarification as to whether consideration exists or not. You may have done yourself a disservice. I’d truly hate for one of your clients to challenge the enforceability of a contract clause if there is lack of consideration.