Infrared Camera Holster

For those who use the FLIR E4, E6, E8 models,

Anybody use or recommend a specific carrying holster that fits well with those particular cameras? I’d like to get something that will keep it secure but also allow for quick access when I’m taking it out multiple times throughout the home.

If anyone has suggestions let me know, thanks

I don’t understand the need.
If you feel the need to be carrying it around with you, then you should be using it all the time, and then returning it to it’s protective case when done with it.
Yes, that means you should be using it as an ancillary service and charging for it as a additional service.
If you absolutely must have it on you and readily available, do you also carry your moisture meter and other diagnostic tools on you at all times?
JMHO.

I include infrared with every inspection and I carry a moisture meter/flashlight/GFCI Tester in a small electrician’s pouch with me at all times, yes. It isn’t completely necessary to have a holster for the camera but I have often found myself thinking it would be more convenient than setting it down to inspect other things that may jump out at me while using the camera or bringing it back to its case every time.

I do understand your point, however, especially for inspectors who use infrared as an ancillary service

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-Camera-Release-Safety/dp/B00GR8KEMS/ref=asc_df_B00GR8KEMS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312148122212&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14847953212144970564&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019510&hvtargid=pla-523823595035&psc=1

1 Like

Flir makes one for that series.

I had one that came some package I bought long ago, I wore the thing exactly 1 time. It’s too cumbersome to use if you’re using it frequently.

https://www.flir.com/products/t198529_pouch-with-shoulder-strap/#bht.032bcecd-196f-4451-9c55-fd52ba800422.7

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check it out

Ah okay, I didn’t realize they had made one. Well I appreciate the info

IMO… if you’re gonna carry and use, needing ‘quick access’, it should be as a camera… “Grab-N-Shoot”.
The strap (quick release clamp) also affords easy removal in places that you might go like a crawlspace, squeezing between appliances, etc. that may be difficult with a ‘package’ at your hip.

After im done with the inspection i do a 10-15 min walk through with my infrared looking at suspect areas. May not be perfect but it works for me.

3 Likes

I fear it would be at too high of risk for damage if I wore mine on the hip. And I’d always be having to remove it to squeeze into attic hatches and the like.

I carry mine in my tool bag, with no case, but sandwiched in between the towels I always carry in my bag as well. I move my bag with me and stage it at different points in the home. That way the camera is never too far away if I need it.

3 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Caleb!..enjoy participating. :smiley:

1 Like

Same one I got.

I just carry mine under my arm, then set it down and wander off, forget where I left it. Then I get to do a second look at the house while I’m trying find the darn thing. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Not as protected but definitely quicker access. I used to do industrial electrical on grain elevators and used a version of this every day, ya know so I didn’t kill people accidentally.

https://www.amazon.com/Key-Bak-ToolMate-Retractable-Cordless-Certified/dp/B07KZBV7PX

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Jeremy!..enjoy participating. :smiley:

1 Like

I can see banging it on every door jamb as I walk through one!

2 Likes

I just leave mine in my bag until I’m ready to use it. It’s not something I need to carry around throughout the entire inspection.

6 Likes

I did the same as Martin.

3 Likes

This is the one I use. I do not use the shoulder strap though. I put a carabiner through the belt loop on the back of the pouch and then it clips onto the belt loop on my pants. Can take it on and off with one finger. Only negative is the velcro closure wears out pretty quickly on the top flap.
https://www.flir.com/products/t198529_pouch-with-shoulder-strap/#bht.032bcecd-196f-4451-9c55-fd52ba800422.7

1 Like

Exactly … Leave it in you case till the end then do a 15 minute walk thru using it