Input on company website

I am taking the Master Class for Home Inspectors which I highly recommend. One of the assignments is to get input from others on the quality of my website. So here goes, please visit my website at oldlinehomeinspections.com and provide any input you can for improvement. I do radon, WDO, mold in addition to general home inspections.

1 Like

Very nice clean website. Well done.

2 Likes

Welcome Andrew!!

As is my norm, I’ll jump right to it!..

The #2 thing that irks me the most with ANY website (behind there being no contact info ‘up front and center’- which you DO have, thank you!)… is the lack of the SERVICE AREA SERVED close within the area that the Contact Info is stated. Yes, you do have it without too much searching, but you only have an average of less than 10 seconds before a searcher moves on to another site. Many inspector sites do not have it at all, and unless the potential client knows the area well, someone from another area may have no clue and simply pass you by.

My recommendation… place your “Service Area” or general “City/State” within the Banner at the top of your Home page.

Trust me, it makes a difference. Many of my best clients are from out of state!!

Good luck!!

3 Likes

I agree with Robert it’s a very nice clean site that doesn’t have those annoying floating scrolling effects.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Andrew!..Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I am in Central Maryland so my inspections are all in the State of Maryland. I will think about what to add to the banner to emphasize this. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Hi,

I love riping into new inspectors’ websites and where they wrong. lol

But yours is laid out very well, and there really isn’t much to rip on.

I do agree with Jonas that you should change your service area at the top to be a little more specific unless you really do enjoy driving all over 12,000 square miles of Maryland.

My other nitpick is most of your wording is fairly generic, and copy and passed from generic NACHI templates. This means anyone comparing sites means there is a high chance the other guy is saying the exact same thing you are.

Example: “You probably won’t get to meet your home inspector before hiring them, so it’s important to find someone who is dependable, trustworthy, and properly certified. Make sure you’re hiring a home inspector who has your best interests in mind.” It’s a nice comment. I get it. But the same phrase is on hundreds of inspector websites.

“We’ve been certified by the American Home Inspectors Training Institute (AHIT)” Again, thousands of people can say that.

So as nice as the site is, it could use a little more of you and what makes you YOU over the hundreds, if not thousands, of home inspectors who can say the same things.

2 Likes

Thank you Jeff. You just had me check my site top make sure that I had that information promptly displayed. I am glad that I do. Great advise!!!

1 Like