Inspect a Winery

Here in my town there are two wineries for sale. Any input on how I can market myself as a winery inspector? Do I treat it like a commercial inspection?
thnaks

Depends on what the client wants. Will you be inspecting equipments as well, or just buildings? Is it just a winery or a winery located on a private residence with a home to inspect as well? Caretakers building? Sampling room? Storage caves? On a well for testing?

Make sure you inspect the Chardonnay. It can have issues. :wink:

Somewhat the same maybe…but I would sub out to qualified contractors that specialize in the field and then write a report that gives a general idea of the property and its components.

A little off the subject but I know the area your in a little. Have you looked into trying to make nice with some of the agents that tend to do more of those type listings? Also places like Pine Mountain Lake would be a good area to try. I know there are agents that work that place more than others.

Yes, I did an apple orchard the other day. Second one I have done. 8 buildings and 568 photos. Commercial for sure. I think it is important to be fair and flexible with your pricing. You always want repeat and word of mouth business.

Use the Scope of Work document in www.nachi.org/comsop.htm You and your client should define what the client wants/needs.

Also, 4.3 seems to be appropriate here.

They have private residents with tasting rooms and cellars no caves