Inspect Express Report writing software

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I got a chance to preview the software recently. I really like it. It’s MS Word based.

It produces a really nice (and informative) report.

The program, like most, takes time to learn because it has so many different features. It also has literally 1000’s of descriptive concerns which is nice.

They also have a few different report formats for pictures, which includes inline photos or putting them at the bottom of the report. It also has an auto sizing feature as well as arrows/circles, etc editing.

They also have written a template specifically following the NACHI SOP, where you can insert disclaimers for each section.

They also have online uploading and a special .pdf software upload feature which allows clients to click on a pic to zoom in on a picture. Pretty neat stuff. I'm still playing around with it, but I really like it so far.

They have a free download trial. http://www.inspectexpress.com/

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: rbennett

It is a little pricey

This is the SW that I am using

If you like MS word I think you will like this

A lot of the wording has to be reworked because the writers were from Canada

Major problem --- when you get it loaded up with a lot of pix it will slow down to the point that you want to throw it away -- try it

I think you will find this problem with a lot of the other SW programs also but can't say from personal exp.

Solve the problem with more ram and a faster computer or do the report and then put the pix's in as the last step.

I looked at most of the SW out there and liked this one for the reason that if they go out of bus it is still sort of supported through MS word.

It will also work addresses with MS Outlook which I THINK will work with Quicken if you want to go that deep

I don't

Yes it has been cracked

I like the home office support and I would buy it again

If you need additional info give me a call 863 635-5741

IMO

rlb

I don’t know…it appears to be one of the least expensive at $595.00.

I use Reporthost, and it costs about $65/month(depending on the plan) which is $780/year.

I’ll keep using RH but will give clients a choice.

I haven’t had a problem with pics, but have only tried it with 30 or so photos.

I also didn’t notice the canadian thing…they reference the NEC, UBC etc. so it hasn’t been an issue yet. I also know a couple of their writers are from AZ. I’ll look out for that though.

I see they are also offering a discount to NACHI members…

http://www.inspectexpress.com/Press/NACHIOct24-05.htm

--

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Kevin

A little follow-up

You are right on the price. It is one of the most cost effective. What I was referring to was one must factor in the cost of MS word if you don't have it.

As far as the problem with the file size when many pix are added, the solution that inspectexpress has recommended to me is that I cut the file size of my pix before I bring them into the report. Something that I overlooked completely. I forgot the when one resizes a pix in word it retains the same file size. Oh well.

Software support is tops. Just yesterday I received a call from inspectexpress to help me with any additional issues that I might have. The extra support and little tricks are priceless as they say.

A little word about using software with out paying for it. We all know that it is wrong and that every protection system can be broken. I have no first hand knowledge of their protection system being compromised.

As far as how the English is said in their comments - I am told that it is very state side just not how I write. I would not want the job of being an English teacher!! Thank good everything can be changed to fit you and your market.

In short -- I am more pleased with this SW now than before

Kevin - Thanks for the question - It has forced me to make better use of this package

Thanks

rlb

Originally Posted By: jwortham

It’s the software I use Kevin.

I love it and so do my clients.

Make SURE you load up on the memory though! As stated above, when you start adding pic's it becomes a bear to use if you are not running alot of memory. I upgraded to 1 Gig and everything runs smooth now.

You can customize it so much that it's unrecognizable from the out of the box product. Custom front pages, custom narratives, reordering the report to match your inspection workflow, checklist, uploading, etc. etc. etc.

Good value for the money in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: gporter

Thanks Kevin.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com