Inspect4u becomes MICB recommended school in Canada.

Gee Roy,
Nice to meet you also, and thank you for the reply to my reply. I am honored to be your 9,536 post , WoW !
I had a teacher once that stated “Be sure your mind is in gear before your mouth is engaged(or fingers)” could be one reason why I do not post much.Have a safe day Inspecting and keep on posting they make for some great reading. :nachi:

Hi Allen !
I want to join CANNACHi,but I want to know how long it takes for the eaxm in BC ? and when?

Gene do not feel bad your post got others thinking also .
Please do not be shy, ask away.
If you are not sure send your questions or thoughts to me via e-mail and I will try and help.

Nick Has InterNACHI reviewed the course materials?
Do they conform to the building codes (Saftey Codes)?
Do they conform to our SOP and COE?
If the course content does not have the same info as the code in the area where the course is being presented then it can not be endorsed.

By endorsing substandard courses you undermine all of our creditability.
More importantly: How can I defend InterNACHI to the advisory committee?

Home Inspections is not code compliance inspections as per any SOP’s in our industry of home inspections as even stated in I-NACHI’s SOP’s Nothing describes we need to inspect for building code compliance.
Home inspectors inspect for defects found in homes that are visual and current.
To inspect for codes you must carry a current licence to do so such as being a licensed
Plumber
Structural Engineer
HVAC Mechanic
Electrician
Safety Inspector
Code Inspector
Etc.
Code is good to use for reference in ones area but as home inspectors we are not trained for it, cannot mention code compliance during a home inspection unless we are licensed to and as per E&O insurance underwriters in Canada state that we will not be covered for errors arising if it was code mentioned during the inspection and if we were not qualified to do so.
Home Inspectors are trained to complete visual observations on homes to recognize defects at hand and to report as such and to give recommendations.
If home inspections are code compliance inspections and in any SOP’s stated this way please point this out.

As there is no perfect education in our industry
As there is no perfect home inspector in Canada
As there is no perfect Inspector Association for home Inspectors
CanNACHI, Inter-NACHI, Cahpi, NCA, Inspect4u, Carson Dunlop, Sharondale Acadamy etc.
And many other home inspectors in our industry wake up every morning and try to better our industry as best we can by pushing and moving forward to making a difference or some just sit back and complain.
One thing learned by Nick and others is that we all can make errors and mistakes in our industry and we all do.
Many are afraid to step up to the plate.
Inspect4u always asks for opinions and advice from others to improve on education and the industry and does not hide behind private chat rooms.
Education always change as do homes and the way we do inspections also there is not one course or education training that will make one a home inspector out the door, continuing education is a must and Inspect4u is just one piece of the puzzle.

Just a quick note , I just did my first 30 hours of the 60 hours in class training with Inspect4U and this course has exceeded my expectations. :slight_smile: