"Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs" online video course

Roofing inspection with photos attached

This is a picture of a shingle roof which shows signs of moderate granular loss over the majority of the roof surface. You can see the granulars in the gutter below.
This is most likely due to loss of volatiles and age of the roof.

Hello I am posting a picture of my roofing deck. As you can tell by the material used it is an older roof.

Not moderate, that’s a lot of granules, but typical of granule loss from a newer roof. If that’s an older roof, there’s a problem.

Going

Photo of roof attached

roof in overall good condition

IMG_7695.JPG

Ridge vent missing end cap.

Hi everyone,

One of my inspection
Deteriorated shingles at valley

Hi, How’s everyone doing today ?

Hello everyone,

I am posting to complete my “Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs” course.

Below is a picture of my friends new house he just had built. As you can see there is no step flashing or counter flashing where the brick meets the roof. You can also see where the mortar is starting to break away already as well.

Thanks
Ryan

This is a asphalt roof that is ~ 10 years of age. The roof is in good condition with normal signs of wear.

I performed a roof inspection on my house. The roof was in good condition and about 10 years old. The only issue found was a loose down spout.

Hello

My name is Wally Perez, a student here with NACHI. I’m completing my post requirements by posting a picture of a roof. Photos are of an asphalt shingle gable roof. Shingles are in good condition on the front slope, however, on the left side slope, shingles appear to be lifting & have some stains.

I was reading Mastering Roof Inspections: Roof Styles, and I never realized how many different styles there are.

I believe that’s a repair, Wally.

Ice and rain shield applied to a valley of a roof that a sub was installing for us. Old roofing was stripped down to decking before new roof installation.

52.JPG

These are pictures of a valley on my roof for my "inspecting asphalt shingle class " assignment. They are of a cut valley.

Here is a TPO roofing system. With an overflow pvc based fountain pipe. Concrete decking with a small parapet wall to the perimeter.

This is a picture of the peel and stick, and valley flashing installed on the roof of a home that I recently completed.

Roof Inspection with pictures.