Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers

Hello, i just took the test on Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers Course I got one question wrong that i think is right but i cant find the answer to it so i was hoping one of you knew.
The question is:
“what percentage of concrete is aggergate.”
i answered 60- 70% i was wrong
when i looked it up online all it said was concrete is 60-75% aggergate

IMO… it depends…

3 Likes

As JJ said, for that question it depends.
As you take other Internachi courses you will find errors and some confusion in the test/quiz answers. At the end of the test you can point out your issues in the comments but I wouldn’t hold my breath that it will be corrected.
In Internachi’s defense, there are thousands of test/quiz questions. Only a small percentage are incorrect.
Best of luck in your studies!

3 Likes

It varies with the mix design, but here a a breakdown for a common concrete mix:

2 Likes

Rock and sand are both aggregate, but concrete mixes typically separate the two as coarse aggregate and fine aggregate or just rock and sand. Rock, sand, cement and additives are kept separate and mixed together at the ready mix plant with water according to the job mix, which is a construction term for a recipe like baking a cake.

2 Likes

I think everyone is glossing over what the OP asked.

Even though aggregate typically accounts for 70% to 80% of the concrete volume, it is commonly thought of as inert filler having little effect on the finished concrete’s properties. However, research has shown that aggregate plays a substantial role in determining workability, strength, dimensional stability, and durability of the concrete.

1 Like

So, was that the answer to the question asked on the test?

5 Likes

Did you look it up in the course work or google? Course work is what they are quizzing you on. Even so, they sometimes get a question or two incorrect. At the end of the course, they ask for feedback. Great place to log your concern.

2 Likes

You know dang well that was a “Copy & Paste” narrative he pulled from the internet to make himself sound like he knows something.
He get’s ‘busted’ all the time for his plagiarism!!

3 Likes

Thanks Robert for answering my question!!

1 Like

I did not know plagiarism referred to answering a question others glossed over. Hm…

As for the group of words I posted answering the OP’s question; I got one question wrong that i think is right but i cant find the answer to it so i was hoping one of you knew., that everyone on the thread did not elude to, especially JJ that did not answer at all, Lol, unless the answer depends helped, Lol…, I did not, nor do I take any credit in creating this answer. I just answered a question.

Cement is manufactured through a closely controlled chemical combination of calcium, silicon, aluminum, iron and other ingredients . Common materials used to manufacture cement include limestone, shells, and chalk or marl combined with shale, clay, slate, blast furnace slag, silica sand, and iron ore.

When you post a statement without giving credit to the website you stole the information from… virtually word-for-word, you are a thief!
You have been warned of this act many, many times in the past, and as recent as a couple of weeks ago. You “claimed” that you “forgot”. BS!!

1 Like

I posted a link to where the OP can find and learn from the information to answer the question for themselves. That is how ones becomes educated, NOT by being handed the answer with no work on the part of the OP.

Like it states in my Signature…

3 Likes

That’s what she said…

2 Likes

I did not know Google was a she.

The post is what eludes most home inspectors. Cement ingredients.
Amazing since cement has been around for at least 12 million years.

Did you know? - The ancient Romans developed a special concrete that set up while underwater (an hydraulic cement). Their special mixture contained lime and volcanic ash. Their concrete was so strong that many of their buildings, bridges, and roads still exist today, 2,000 years after they were built

When concrete is batched, the “dry” ingredients are weighed and not measured solely in volume. This is where the figures from that course are most likely derived from. Here is a picture of a partial batch ticket showing the mix design for a typical 6.5 sack mix design. Do a little math and you can get the idea of how loads of concrete are measured.

4 Likes

https://forum.nachi.org/guidelines#stealing

It was kind of a joke. It’s probably a states thing, you won’t get it. This is just a hard subject to talk about.

What isn’t funny is plagiarism.

2 Likes

Not plagiarizing. I am not taking credit for other peoples work.

Who used cement 12 million years ago?

5 Likes