Inspecting New Dishwasher

Ok. So we can check for GFCI protection and note it, and not run the DW for the stated reason. So what did a state that was wrong?

I’ve found many dishwashers where the flipper just slid it under the counter with no electrical or plumbing connections. And yes I included that in my report. I don’t want my unsuspecting client to move in and find out their dishwasher is not even connected. Same goes with the water supply at the refrigerator, no connection.

1 Like

They don’t really test them, that’s how. A lot of times there are issues that have to be corrected because they were never tested with water.

“For liability reasons, and per InterNachi requirements, we are not allowed to remove packaging on new appliances. We are also prohibited from attempting to connect appliances, if they are not already properly connected and ready for use at the time of the inspection.“

Sorry, I wasn’t implying that anyone did anything wrong. I was just wondering that if one didn’t inspect the operation of the dishwasher because it still had the tags on it would they at least check for the required GFCI protection.

I use a disclaimer, and highly recommend the seller run a cycle before closing, or that they do it on the final walk through.
I had one time on a flipped home that I removed the tags,
ran a cycle, and discovered on the drain cycle that the installer never removed the knock out on the disposal… it flooded the inside of the cabinet. Luckily I had plenty of towels with me

3 Likes

It’s not difficult to remove the plastic inside and turn it on.

I would have inspected it.

I’ve found plenty that were installed poorly, or not hooked up at all.

3 Likes

I do the same thing… always have.

I do also, same as Ian and Eric. The same with new microwaves and ranges.