Inspection Industry

In what sense?

As you know I’m a dual member. If I find that being a member of one association or another is not good for my business plan I will leave. But currently both fit into my plan nicely, albeit in different ways.

P2P sent a letter to my members designed to harm them (cause them to leave InterNACHI). I don’t understand how anyone could complain about me sending something that might help them (cause them to leave P2P). It’s just paper. Don’t like it?.. throw it away.

Then I can understand why you would do such a thing.

Personally the only letters I’ve ever received from them was from the local P2P and they were job offers.

While fighting those that want to play “middleman” and help us make less. The market is beginning to change in this area. I know of 2 companies just starting up that pay for an initial report and then sell them.One for $20!

Oh how short your memory is. It wasn’t that long ago that Nick had a bug up his a s s for ASHI. He even went so far as to disallow dual memberships (yes, I know you are). Just feels like that scenario beginning all over again. Not saying they don’t deserve it, but just sayin…

Those days are long gone. InterNACHI and ASHI work really well together. Their Executive Director recently (at Mike Crow’s event) went above and beyond to help us resolve an issue. I thanked him from the stage. Good bunch of guys over at ASHI.

Drawing comparisons isn’t really fair to them though. InterNACHI has reached, what I call, critical mass (we’re the only inspection association to reach it so far), where we have enough money and in-house talent to take our productivity and pace up to where no one can keep up with us. Hence: www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm Scroll down through that link… It all happens here.

Oh okay, I misunderstood you but see what you mean now.

Personally I think it’s wasted energy and that it would be better directed at branding NACHI Inspectors.

But, it’s Nicks sandbox.

Ah, you’re probably right, it is a waste. But if I don’t counter punch, P2P will do it again. If I can cost Dan Steward a few hundred grand with one mailing, he’ll go away and leave us alone. If you have to worry that your franchisee owners are going to find more value in InterNACHI than you are providing for 11% of their gross… you’ve got serious problems with your franchise model that you shouldn’t be blaming InterNACHI for.

Fair enough.

:cool:

OK Mr Jenner.
Plus my GF would kick my azz.:slight_smile: