Originally Posted By: dmacy
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I received a diploma with the AHIT home study program in 2001.
You will like there program.
I used the paper report for about 2 years. The cost per report is kinda steep.
I purchasd there computerized system and have been using since January.
I have found both pros & cons with both systems.
Pros for the computerized system.
1) Cost per report is low.
2) Being able to email the report.
3) You can edit to your style.
4) Print on-site
5) Digital photos
Cons for the computerized.
1) You cant use a palm with the checklist format.
2) I am on my 3rd HP 450 printer(You get about 50 reports than you have problems with the paper feed.
3) Cost about 3K to start up
4) There are problems with the office pro being compatable with my PC
5) Add about 1-2 hours per inspection.
Pros for paper
1) Your done with inspection and dont need to spend additional time with a computerized report.
1) Cost per report.
2) If you write like me no one can read(Not even me)
3) I doesnt fax very legable & you cant email.
I hope this helps
I would like to be able to use a palm as I go & then copy to my tablet.
I spend to much time per inspection.
The report is word based and when I purchased you couldnt use a palm..