Inspectorocity Update

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]First of all let me apologize for the delay in responding to your posts.[/FONT]
Secondly I want to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my history in the inspection industry so that you realize that you are not talking to a receptionist or some inspector’s daughter. I personally have run a small inspection company for over 2.5 years. I have worked for and helped other one man inspector companies market to excel in this industry and have volunteered and worked for the FL Chapter of ASHI. I have watched close inspector friends that have had to close doors because of the industry declines/changes.

The Inspectorocity program is a relatively inexpensive marketing program and comes with a lot of perks. There is an awesome online scheduler that I sure could have used – it eliminates double booking.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]As inspectors you must understand that when a client calls or requests information about an inspection they want results now. We want to close the deal fast… get the inspector, get it booked. [/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I am sorry that I came across as a “hit and run”. My schedule is demanding between work and my personal life that I haven’t the time to spend on the blogs and message boards. When a lead comes in, we just want it completed by a qualified inspector who is willing to work with us as far as policies, contracts, etc. Our goal is to market, sell, schedule a qualified inspector, audit the report and issue accordingly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I am meeting with Michael this week, to come up with a couple of new programs for inspectors. Yes there is always going to be fees, but they will not be outrageous. [/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I ran an inspection company for years and we spent over $1000/mo on TV ads, 800 on realtor mag ads and never was there a guarantee. How many of us have spent hundreds, maybe even thousands of on some advertising that didn’t bring any work? As you can see… Inspectorocity is coming alive and working. Of course as it gains in popularity it will be an even more rewarding marketing site.[/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]If you can find a magazine, online marketing company that will give you work for free or advertise for you for free and guarantee work, please jump all over it. Please also let me know too…. as I will be very interested.[/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Thanks for all those who responded. The feedback will teach us. [/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]This is all new to us right now too, we are working on forms, systems, procedures etc. for all inspectors that want to contract with us. I promise I will get back to you all soon. Maybe I’ll have some free time this weekend.[/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Melanie[/FONT]

Sorry your HI business was not successful Melanie.
If you would like help or advice to get it going again,feel free to call me for help.
Just sign up for membership and you will find many highly paid Inspectors willing to give you a hand.
Unfortunately you choose the wrong Association to join which might explain your failure.

Thinking on the fly is a nice way to run a buinsess.

Well said much appreciated .
…Cookie

Thank you for sort of answering some of the fellows questions. You’ll find this to be a great site and assoc.

I might be interested in SC and NC.

Advice: It is illegal for anyone to offer inspections in SC without being a SC licensed home inspector.

You will need the name and license number of each inspector for each area to show up on the advertisements.

Correction: I am sorry if there was any misunderstanding… In an attempt to get a post in before Easter vacation, I may have misled some…
The company that I worked for did NOT go out of business. They are still thriving in the Jacksonville market.

As far as Inspectorocity goes - I have met with Michael and we have devised a series of programs for inspectors who are interested in joining and finding out more information on the program. This information will be posted on our website at least by the beginning of next week. Please let me know if you have any further questions that are not answered on the site.

I appreciate your comments as always. Please do not hesitate to send any further correspondence to me directly via email.

Thank you.

Melanie

How much per lead???

Hey Peter…

Read between the lines…you won’t get your answer here. Wonder why? :-k

I cannot disclose the fees just yet… they will be posted by Monday afternoon.

[/FONT]

Melanie, could you please explain this sentence. I do not know of any HI that will let anyone audit, modiify or otherwise change their report when their E&O, licensing, and A** are on the line. Please explain if I have misunderstood this statement.

I am sorry that I came across as a “hit and run”. My schedule is demanding between work and my personal life that I haven’t the time to spend on the blogs and message boards. When a lead comes in, we just want it completed by a qualified inspector who is willing to work with us as far as policies, contracts, etc. Our goal is to market, sell, schedule a qualified inspector, audit the report and issue accordingly.

What do you mean by audit the report? Are you meaning getting it changed to fit a certain situation. That doesn’t sound very kosher to me. Please explain this statement, because maybe myself or others are just misunderstanding this statemnet. Thank you.

Might not fly in Licensing states.

Wont fly in NY or NJ.

It appears as if the inspector will be subbed from Inspectorocity. I say this because they get to review/audit/edit YOUR report.

This means that THEY will most likely need to underwrite or be the responsible party for the report;which means that they will be YOUR client, and need to sign your inspection agreement, especially if you carry E&O insurance.

I wonder if this will somehow dovetail into someone’s MBI program…

Why did Ameripro lose their contract with the state for the My Safe Florida Homes Program? Because their auditing of the inspections performed was not up to snuff!

Yes Inspectrocity is run by Michael Rowen same as Inspection Depot, Ameripro, Certified Pre Owned Listings and whatever else he is doing. Michael and his cronies promote ASHI to Realtors and the general public as the only reputable organization in the Jacksonville area.

If ASHI is the only quality inspector association, why are they trying to promote their other services here to lesser inspectors? It is pure hypocracy. Their only concern is personal greed. The only thing they are looking for from NACHI members is to open your wallets. I propose a boycot of all inspectrocity and afiliated entities from this site.

:::crickets:::

Richard, so I’m not the only one who noticed the deafening silence from Meanie after my inquiry.

They’re looking for someone to bite the bait…

Any inspector who would pay $100 for a referral is in the wrong business.

James Kimbrough writes:

Excellent post.

ASHI is a known diploma mill with zero requirements and a 30 second, come-only-with-cash, online application: http://www.homeinspector.org/join/application/default.aspx

Melanie needs to dis-associate herself with known diploma mills before she can gain the credibility needed to offer her services to legitimate inspectors: http://www.nachi.org/requirementcomparison.htm