Inspectors Quarterly

I’ll try to find out how many http://www.nachi.org/homeheadstart2006.htm were printed and how many have already been shipped but I know it is in the hundreds of thousands.

Why should there be a “cap” all will assimilate eventually.

Hell, we have the head honcho of Southern AZ ASHI as a member. By the way, you could not ask for a better inspector, unfortunatly his ASHI ties seem to prevent him from speaking out. He uses your CMI, but refuses to post NACHI on his web site. Is that against the rules?

Well, yes it is Todd and we will remove him post haste.:cool:

All the damn ASHI members love CMI. I got nothing but resistance to it at NACHI and nothing but praise for it at ASHI. Go figure.

Would that possibly be because ASHI does not require the stringent requirements that NACHI is well known for and uphold the SOP that is similar but not the same. (I heard that before, Similar, opposite, typical, but different.) ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t know why, but I have an inbox full of emails from ASHI members thanking me for doing CMI and my work to get pricing up in our industry. Their response is something I’d have never predicted.

Are you reffering to me Nick?
If so just say the word.

OK, Nick. Thanks for letting me know the plan, man. For some reason, this is the first time I’ve heard of this membership cap. I’m glad you let me join when you did.
Stu

It pops up from time to time and I suspect it is nothing more than more marketing. Try this:

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=16500&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=membership%20capping&start=50

Wrong, me standing up in front of 40 ASHI big wigs last week and proposing it has nothing to do with marketing.

Start a new thread if you are seconding the proposal.

I wouldnt dream of seconding that idea.

(InterNACHI®️ Forum - InterNACHI®️ Forum - A community for home inspectors)

Nick, how do we get these? Are you automatically sending some to every inspector? Wasn’t completely clear on the link.

Mark, out distribution center in Missouri is shipping them but only after they call each member and discuss things with them. If you search the message board you will find members who have already got the calls or the guides. The reasoning behind the order and quantity shipped has to do with advertiser wishes so they can track success rates before we print 20 million.

So, in other words, I just wait on the call? I don’t have to do anything to get my name in the order rotation?