Insulation-lack of

Hi. Harold;

Ironically, the last job I did in Booth Bay Harbor, Maine, I requested the Code Enforcement Officer come at the job. Of course in this instance I am the Builder.

I dragged his $ss up in the attic and gave him an education. The guy had no clue what he was looking at, along with no clue what he was looking at elsewhere as far as that goes.

I think we all have to understand that these people are hired by the Towns or Cities, and paid mediocre salaries and the only thing that they know is whatever they can remember out of reading the Code Book.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the statistics of mind retainage in reading a book is about 10-15 percent of the contents.

When they are in the field, they walk through and get it done and move on the the next, because one man will usually cover 15 +/- inspections in a day.

Undermanned, unacknowledged, undercare, overworked.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>

The attic!! Heck I can’t even get them to hold their heads up on the walk from the street into the house!

http://www.badstucco.com/Leaks101_files/frame.htm

So true Marcel, I could go on for an hour about the inspectors here, they either know very little or think they know it all.

Carl, your asking quite a bit, wouldn’t you say?..](*,)