Insurance Thieves...

Michael,

You raise a great question. One that I will admit that I’m not qualified to answer. Luckily there are some other people on this message board who have good insight on this topic.

How 'bout them Red Sox?!!?!?!?!?

The insurance companies will try to say the fires were an act of God, there no atheist when a natural disaster happens or the government will bail them out. You can bet it will not cost them anything. There are many ways to reduce the damage caused by wildfires, however it would mean sacrifice in some ways and no one wants to give up anything, just take. I bet you a dollar to a dime that if I had the money the movie stars do, I could build a fireproof house. The tree huggers are not going to allow the Three Wing Web foot Spotted Ratbird nest material to be burned in a controlled burn! What were you thinking Michael?

Go Rockies!

Go Sox!

FLIP FLOPPER!!! You politician! LOL

Ken now relax dont go off the deep end and get out your one man assualt pack and go after AIG…forget going postal…Ken’s gonna make GOING HOME INSPECTOR a assualt term!

Hang in there brother

Curt

“Going Home Inspector” I like that! How about “He went Nachi” and wiped them all out!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Hey Curt, I sure would like to take one more good off shore fishing trip! You know to just relieve the stress. :cool:

I would agree that most of the large builders don’t use much forward thinking. I was very surprised when I went to FL in '04 for that fun hurricane season ya’ll had.:stuck_out_tongue:

One of the first FEMA inspections I did, was a concrete block home with stucco on the outside. They had no roof damage, or other penetrations, yet had a high water mark at about 6" throughout the house.

Turned out the builder skipped the vapor barrier and those little storms you guys insist on naming can blow water right thru silly little block walls. The wife told me water was flowing down the entire inside of the wall. Never would have imagined it!

If I remember correctly, FEMA had to help almost everyone in the subdivision, now there’s some tax dollars at work!:shock::shock:

However Brian when the water went down, the house was still standing. No?

That’s a prophecy that is sure to come true!

I know nothing about personal lines insurance, i.e homeowners, auto, etc., etc. But what I was told tonight over dinner was that fire is the biggest reason for coverage when it comes to homeowners insurance. Not sure the insurance companies can get out of this one. They will have to pay. That’s when homeowners are glad that they paid that premium. Theoretically. Time will tell.

How

I know nothing about personal lines insurance, i.e homeowners, auto, etc., etc. But what I was told tonight over dinner was that fire is the biggest reason for coverage when it comes to homeowners insurance. Not sure the insurance companies can get out of this one. They will have to pay. That’s when homeowners are glad that they paid that premium. Theoretically. Time will tell.

How long

How long will it be before they suspect it’s an act of terrosim? Would not surprise me.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8SFTDT80.htm

[quote=bgarrison]

**How long will it be before they suspect it’s an act of terrosim? Would not surprise me./**quote] I consider all arson to be acts of terrorism, the question is will the insurance companies be off the hook if it classified as terrorism?