Interesting facts about home sellers, moving and seller inspections.

One sixth of all Americans, an estimated 43 million people, move each year. (U.S. Census Bureau).

Approximately 17 percent of the total U.S. population moves each year, which is more than any other country. Australia ranks second in annual citizen moves with 10.4 percent. (U.S. Census Bureau).

The average American moves 12 times in a lifetime. (U.S. Census Bureau).

Almost half of all moves occur between the beginning of May and Labor Day. (American Moving and Storage Association).

Moving is the third most stressful event in life following death and divorce. (Employee Relocation Council).

The typical moving customer is a married couple between the ages of 25 and 44, with one or two children between the ages of 2 and 11 (Mayflower).

Marketing pre-listing inspections to sellers makes sense: www.nachi.org/sellerinspections.htm

Below is a link that charts the migration of the U.S.
population and shows which states are increasing
and which are decreasing.

Interesting:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:sbvCESF5qpgJ:www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p25-1135.pdf+U.S.+population+migration&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a

Well since I am thinking of moving…I know I will get an inspection before I list in craigslist just to have all the information there for those who are interested. And I have a great place to look for an inspector!!! Yay Nachi!!

Hey John…thanks that is an interesting link.

Hmmm 42,000 people a year moving to Maricopa County (Phoenix). Perhaps the HI thing will work out.:smiley:

Sounds like you’re in a prime location.

Montgomery county in TX, just south of me, is getting
over 12,000 per year… :cool: