InterNACHI CMI vetted by OntarioACHI?

I do not think he meant anything by it, Claude.

In all fairness, honorary degrees are bestowed upon individuals regularly and are the utmost degree of reward for that individual.
I personally do not see anything wrong with honorary designations.

If an individual pays for his/her education or gets it free, what’s the difference? You still have to pass the criteria.

Remember, when you are trying to verify an applicant, looking at the documents the applicant sent you is a bit meaningless. Obviously the documents he/she submits are going to support his/her claims. You have to look outside of the documents submitted with the application. You have to look to see if he/she has done things that veteran inspectors do.

Primarily, it was me who developed these procedures for CMI. If you want to do the same for another group, I can help.

Len, best offer you will get.
Nick, you are a big man!

clapping hands.GIF

I was unaware Mr. Inkster was not a member in good standing with the association.
So why the CMI auditing?

Being rebuffed comes with the territory when you cut your own path when others helped you start in an industry you still know little of I feel.

Mike Holmes had the same mantra.
Scorned by many in the industry for speaking his drivel.

First transparency was the driving force.
It sure did not start that way…
Thinking you are better is plain foolish.
Leaving exhibits contempt of a process accepted by others except you.
Remarkable.

Leonard, consumer safety is paramount.
No one is dismissing that point.
1: Consumers have to take responsibility for their actions.
2: How many omissions cases have been successful in Ontario?
Joe Ferry knows.
3: Because you have been part of a process looking into the home inspection industry in Ontario you wish to audit the authority of others and what they have contributed within the industry.

Truly remarkable.
I am at a loss for words.

Robert, With due respect, we are not “vetting” the CMI as a CMI. So we don’t need permission from anyone.

We vet the current status and credentials of all CMI’s (and NHI’s and RHI’s and ACI’s and PHI’s) to ensure they can prove they meet the requirements for the CCHI in Ontario.

Unlike the CMI, the CCHI is an ongoing commitment to the profession. The CMI is a “one-time, say-you have the skills and experience, pay the money and get it” Certification.

It relies on the inspector to be truthful, but doesn’t (as far as I know) very often check. (i.e. No Audit)

The Ontario Government are going to want to see an audit trial. That’s what OntarioACHI are providing. If someone has a CMI and can’t provide the proof that they have the requisite requirements for the CCHI, then they won’t get it. They will be told what they need to do to get it, and like InterNACHI this information is provided free.

We don’t supply or charge for courses but expect Inspectors to get them from wherever they feel best trained (e.g. Self-Paced, Online, College or Private Tuition schools).

We accredit the courses.

If proctored examinations are not available we provide proctored examinations. This ensures that the person who says they did the course actually proves they have retained the knowledge or the skills to find it in the time-frame of the exam (We believe in open-book exams, as Inspectors will have that ability in the field so why-not in an exam?)

We require continued proof of continued education and professional development. We MADATE a police background check. It is the responsibility of the Inspector to provide it, not just sign a document and ask us to get it for them. That has to be renewed every 5 years, and an annual affirmation must be made on their profile to state that nothing has changed (Yes this relies on trust, but it’s likely to be what the Government wants for licensing)

If this is vetting the CMI, then yes we are vetting the CMI, but we need no permission from Nick or anyone else to do this, no less than a company that employs someone needs to vet their claims of professional standing.

We believe this allows us to best protect the professional well-being of inspectors when licensing comes in. The CCHI in Ontario is still the ONLY designation that matches the recommendations to the MGCS for regulation of the profession.

That, I’m pleased to say, are the facts. One doesn’t have to like them, but they cannot validly dispute them.

The NHICC bestows HM (Honorary Member) to certificate holders that are recognized for their personal contributions, but unfortunately have left this life.

We believe it is simply a sign of respect for their commitment in the “profession”.

Len I agree with your vetting process. Similarly we (NHICC) also perform the same with any applicant and with an ongoing review process with our experienced certificate holders.

One cannot assume that once certified, the inspector remains current or up to date without “documented” evidence to assure commitment to the “profession”.

One further point of assurance, was an “audit” performed by Consumer Protection BC shortly after we gained acceptance. I applaud them for their time and commitment to “audit” our “certification process and administrative” system. To me that is what every licensing body owes to the “home inspection profession”.

Likewise every consumer complaint becomes part of an ongoing “communication” between the respective association/entity and “consumer protection”.

Claude, Nice move. Hope you don’t have to give those out too often.

Is that the CCHI requirements you have permission to use from Alberta?
Well first you needed permission for the CCHI designation to which you paid $1000 from what I remember and marketed the designation created by vern Mitchinson erroneously over the internet.
Once caught you rewrite your CCHI narrative.

I have never seen such a pompous individual in this industry in all my life.
You take from others and rewrite it to fit your desires.
You ever come up with an idea on your own?
Oh yes, mutiny and trying to cover it up.

Hopefully someone will bring you down a couple more notches.
Be glad when you are working as a home inspector full time and without so much time on your hands spreading falsehoods about the industry and your association to anyone willing to listen.

Please enlighten me.
Do doctors or lawyers have to maintain continued education and get vetted from outside sources other that the collages?

The OntrioACHI that boasted how many members before getting caught vet the current status and credentials of all CMI, NHI’s and RHI’s and ACI’s and PHI’s to ensure they can prove they meet the requirements for the CCHI in Ontario.
Well, well. That is quite hilarious coming from you.
Do you wish me to say how many false InterNACHI chapters was created before getting caught?
I guess all that is in the past now right Claude?

Claude, you just asked Gilles post #17 for the facts.
So you did have honorary designations.
Nothing wrong with that I say but you could have answered him directly.

I get tired of the shell game being played using the narrative “consumer protection.”
Big buzzwords, homes are the LARGEST purchase someone may make!!!

Save the consumer from the bad home inspector that charges unrealistic low rate because the REA told them to lower their price if they want to be referred.
Even knowledgeable & recognised homies made headlines dropping the ball.
I guess they did not keep up with their education or were CCHI’s…ha ha ha
Wow!

All the talking points to politicians that are sublime to the evidence, real estate is a cash cow and REA/Brokers that are regulated are dishonoring their COE and professional standards.

Get in their ear about mandating home inspections.
Protect homies from aggressive REA with a third party at arms length oversight committee!

I guess Housing accounting for a whopping $7.4 billion increase in GDP — about half of Canada’s economic growth in 2015, is to much to insure a good look into what really goes on behind close doors and REA does not require “consumer protection.”
Nor does anyone dare to say what I am saying for fear the phone will stop ringing from agents.

There are good and bad in every industry.

The save me from my competitor song has been sung for decades Claude and Len.
Point to the real problems please.
Let’s protect the consumer please.

I’m not sure who is feeding Kevin Woods information but when he texts me and threatens me saying I broke the code of ethics with my comments I take them seriously.
Firstly, he is no longer a member.

Secondly I did not write anything that was not true.

Thirdly, I’m pretty sure that saying Nick and InterNACHI are in enough hot water is libel and you could get more heat on you than you ever wanted.

If I am threatened again I will get my lawyer involved and drag all his buddies into it.

Make sure to show Kevin this one too.

I wood assume (pun intended) the same individual (RC and/or RW and/or both) that is feeding Young his statements.

This info is on the open Canadian section and can be seen buy any one .
We have a couple of no it all Americans who seem to think they need to frequently post false information on the Canadian site .
For your Information I have never talked to Kevin Wood and see no reason to give him any info.

Apparently not. :smiley:

First it’s apparent we are not talking about doctors, lawyers, electricians, auto mechanics and the list goes on. The rules are set by those that regulate them, not me or you.

As one example a licensed BC home inspector must maintain 20 continuing education credit hours per year as a minimum; just one of many mandatory requirements. No banking, no shortfall, it must 20 or more. Now some association in Ontario require 20 and allow members to bank. What’s the major difference - license/regulations, or in the current case in Ontario - none other than the association’s requirements.

Let’s see who has the highest level of education. It typically not a home inspector, since their are some that have never completed high school. It should be obvious, but most “professionals” require ongoing mandatory education and renewals.

Next what Len and the OntarioACHI does from my personal perspective is their business. They don’t interfere with the NHICC and we in kind with them. How they vet members is their decision, not mine or the NHICC’s.

We have done some work together on projects in common such as a DACUM (occupational analysis), and work in Ontario for the MGCS Home Inspection Panel report.

Why should “groups” not agree to work to better this profession, rather than find never ending gripes to tear things down, and help by posting negative comments for the public to read. As some one else indicated perhaps you need to form your own unbiased opinion rather than look to a one sided POV.

How chapters are or were formed or the politics behind them again has nothing to do with me or the NHICC. As a person that has dedicated countless hours to this “profession”, as volunteer, and with a non-profit entity. So I really don’t have time for “petty politics”. I offer some responses from time to time, but it’s certainly not my “role” to police every post. It simply only makes for an interesting diversion of keeping up with the latest episode of the never ending “soap operas” of he said/she said that too often happens on this forum.

I tend to base my personal opinion on indisputable facts, not just what others tell-tale through the grape vine.

Please, take it with a grain of salt please.
Wood’s, what the hell are you doing.
Go play in the tragic.
If someone fed him something, and I can count many, he will get that message to.

Greg, I am not insinuating anything.
I am going to drop the subject.

I have seen and said enough.
Guess I forgot how OntrioACHI was formed.
Guess I can see why Kevin pushed the patients of many and pushed to far.

Some may agree while others not is all I am saying.
I do not think a few speak for the many.

You are suggesting segregating and labeling associations by administering their members tests?
That’s is how it sounds to me, Claude.

Why not have a Home Inspector Olympics in provinces to find out whom, what persons are the best in many categories.
Get homies together under one common interests.
That would make the public aware if you invite the media!

I can see how that would be rewarding.
Happy for you.
Len is always looking to improve, remove talk about something something.

I concur, but segregation and labeling?
More work has to be done to find common grounds we all share. Not who’s the best or jump this high to pass that.

I understand.
I was not insinuating anything on your part.
I am continually perplex by how such a small association with a troubling start, from my point of view, is trying its best to control an industry with so FEW members and time served.

Claude, thank you as always.
Please excuse my outbursts.
Best regards.

Jeffrey, you would assume wrong.
Hope you are well and working a lot.

I live in a province next to the ex OntrioACHI president.
What happens there may likely come here.

Hopefully he will be knocked down those last few pegs to expose how he got so far on the backs of others.

Best regards.
Robert

Robert for clarification - I am not suggesting segregation or differential treatment. I’m simply stating facts about some people that have very different levels of education.

Nor do I label associations. Some seen to enjoy that and continue to put down the others.