InterNACHI discount on radon courses in Illinois.

I took my class at RTCA. I passed the NRSB exam. There is no requirement for training nor licensing here in NY State. You simply need to report what you tested twice a year to the NY State DOH.

That is not to say that training is not good. I went through it because I wanted the training and knowledge.

Here in NY, if you use a CRM, you need to be licensed as a lab. Yearly calibration is a mandatory. The only way around this is if you lease or rent the SERVICE (including their monitor) from a NY State ELAP-certified lab. You use their machine, and they run the report and analysis. THEY have the certification requirements, while you do not.

Some jokers use their own CRM, are not labs, and only run the test for the duration of the inspection. Even with active monitors, the requirement is still a minimum of 48 hours.

Around here, $125 is average for a test. A word of caution is to only use a test kit and analysis froim a lab licensed and certified to do buriness in your state, as a lab.

NACHI Chicago is doing the proctoring in response to all these issues.

Wrong thread…

Jeff

Ooops!
I mean the great training through NACHI Radon courses will help you perform more and more services at higher overhead in order to benifit your client. :slight_smile:

Whew …got outta that one…quick thinking Bob.
Damn am I typing what I am thinking again…better look up,nah.

nahhhh…you’re just trying to kick the hornet’s nest again.:smiley:

Jeff