InterNACHI is capping N. American membership at 10,000, which we are fast approaching

So then that would be a YES to the Vendor question.

What is the breakdown numbers on Vendors?

9 vendors.

And how are they classified?

Are they still Gold, Silver, whatever? If so, what exactly does that mean?

Free or Paid memberships?

Full Members or Limited?

Restrictions?

Etc…

We don’t have any Gold, Silver stuff, we just made nine vendors members so they could comment in the members-only section of this message board. Dominic, Nathan, Ben Garrison, Russell Buchanan, Will Colton, etc. No restrictions on them.

Here is a live time chart of membership applications coming in: http://wdww.nachi.org/memberstats.htm

Nick,

You may want to make a provision to adjust the number based on market conditions, sort of like an index where if the market swung drastically you could adjust the number to meet the conditions. In other words, allowing more inspectors in when in a housing boom and restricting new members to a number much smaller than 10,000 during lean times… In any case if a cap is implemented the result will be the graying of NACHI.

:neutral:

Joe… it’s all a marketing ploy, and will never be enacted. Just like in 2006/2007.

What’s the best way to get someone to want something? Say they can’t have it!!!

Really???.. http://www.nachi.org/target.htm

LOL. That’s what they said when I announced we were going to raise InterNACHI dues to $365.

They said it again when I announced we were going to raise InterNACHI dues to $499.

They also said it when I announced we were taking CMI’s application fee to $1,000.

They’re actually wrong on this one too because… It was already enacted back in 2008 (so you’re about 4 years late with your post :roll:) It’s just that we didn’t hit 10,000 (came close) in 2008 due to the real estate crash. It appears we’ll hit it this year.

So… you really, really mean it this time? :mrgreen:

Yep. I really, really meant it when I said we were raising dues to $365 two years ago. We did it.

I really, really meant it when I said we were raising dues to $499 last year. We did it.

I really, really meant it when I said CMI application fees were going to $1,000. We really did raise it to $1,000.

And I really, really, meant it when I said in 2008 that membership is capped at 10,000. We really did cap it.

Especially in Florida, ey? :stuck_out_tongue:

Data last updated on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:49:15

Florida - 1,582

33 new members joined today: http://www.nachi.org/memberstats.htm This is getting ridiculous.

saying it to folks who have it, then seems counter intuitive?

you also said by the end of 2014, the fee (for new members) would be $1000/year. (or you were aiming at that)

Still the plan to try to make our membership somewhat exclusive then?

Posted on a public thread, intended to get the trolls and non-member wanna-be’s to jump in! :wink:

That’s the plan. Sort of like a Country Club.

;-):wink:

Can we have levels one, two and three or we all gona just be certified:p

Uh… of course. If I posted the warning in the members-only section of this message board, only those (members) who don’t need the warning could see it.

How does that make any sense?

Members are already members.