InterNACHI looking for instructors for the South Florida school

As far as that facebook page goes I was a member until I was censored and then I choose t0o leave to where one could speak the truth even it it up-setted a few people :frowning:

It’s fine though that is why there are Closed Groups so people can Play Forum Nazi. I just choose not to stay involved with groups like that.

I didn’t think that you were attacking me. I don’t remember what happened on the Facebook page.

No Biggie.
It all went bye bye :).

All for the best.

Thieves sometimes get away with it and no one really cares enough to dig up the past so I will not either, again :slight_smile:

The page has it’s merits and is a good fit for many inspectors, just not me :slight_smile:

LOL…I’m listed as an instructor on more wind mitigation courses than you are John. And, I’m also listed with the CILB with my own course…you also told us that you don’t complete wind mitigations, you have “other inspectors” who do it.

That diagram was never “accepted” by anyone…it’s made up. But let me guess…hmmmmmmmm…qualifying hip roof features when located over another roof don’t count towards the roof system perimeter as that would help a home owner receive a lower insurance premium, but ALL non-hip features that would count against them do…hmmmmmmmmmmm…I wonder who made that diagram…geeeeee, I wonder.

I have NEVER “made up my own interpretations”, I think you are thinking of yourself. I use accepted building practices and methodologies that are “accepted” by some of the best inspectors in the world…yours are not. That’s a FACT!

Do you ever tell the truth John?

No ***** John…did you forget the announcement made at the beginning of the conference? You seem to forget everything else…I had to switch times with Joe Ferry…Remember John?..my time was 3 hours, Joe’s was 2. Because we switched times, we also had to switch time allotment. This cut my course down 1 hour, do you remember we had to skip over 30% of the course material? Of course you don’t…that would be waaaaay to convenient to tell the truth. I guess it’s something like your reversal on home inspectors completing their own WDO’s with just a JE card…but don’t worry, an inspector who was included in that conversation is going to remind you of what you said when they see you.

Anytime…and I do mean ANYTIME…you would like to get together and compare my knowledge of building to yours, just let me know when and where.

I “interrupted” your course because you sucked! You didn’t know the answer to anything…and when you did give an answer, it was wrong. I have a copy of your last wind mitigation presentation…shall we post some of it and the incorrect statements? How about the wind speed map for “health care facilities” instead of the correct wind map from the FBCR? How about the inaccurate statement on when insurance rate variables were first mandated by state law? shall I go on?

John, I believe Robert Sheppard only holds a HI license not a “Building Inspector” license

Mike, what is his interpretation of roof geometry? I so two separate ways during the reinspect program

You would be better off having him explain it than me as I do not wish to misquote his method.

Your right, ICC only.

Everything you need to know…with sources, not voodoo science and myths.

http://askwindmitigationman.com/viewforum.php?f=4

awwww, thanks John.

I appreciate the endorsement being as how most of the technical content in his presentations was provided by Jeff and myself. The window/glass presentation was practically written by Mr. Hooper, some of the shutter information (the correct information) was provided by none other than yours truly.

Robert, I have no doubt about some of the contributions after all you were the shutter guy. With wind mitigation(1802 form) you make some valid arguments, we simply disagree that it is a code inspection. Beyond that, your approach and treatment to others is absolutely reprehensible.

Funny thing is, I get along just fine with hundreds of inspectors…just not you. And for a VERY good reason. Or did you forget? Maybe you would like to forget?

Spreading false rumors about people because they refute your teachings will do that John…ESPECIALLY when you make one of those inspectors concerned for the safety of their family.

Just curious, and I know for a fact you won’t answer…you never do…if confirming “compliance with the Florida Building Code” is a “code inspection”, how do we have “owner/builder permits” that allow the home owner to act as their own contractor?

Come on, I know I must be MUCH worse :cool:

Let’s vote :smiley:

Betcha I WIN That one :twisted:

Imo, you actually mean well.

Wow one of the few that gets it :slight_smile:

I have not forgotten when you called inspectors lazy and a few other not so nice things. Would you like me to post a link to exactly what you said about inspectors to the state; where you called them lazy, or 100% wrong or that they didn’t want to do it right?

I have no problem with you “refuting” anything, I disagree with some about many things. On the subject, you are referring to I just happen to be with the majority. You are the one who made it personal, you are disrespectful and rude and not just with me. When you learn to have a discussion and disagreement like an adult we can chat again.

You have my permission (not that you need it as the presentation AND recording are public record and available to EVERYONE), 150% my permission, to post the COMPLETE recording….from the start of the presentation to the finish.

This way, everyone can here for themselves exactly what question was asked to garner that response. I believe the question was “in your opinion, why are home inspector not reporting damaged roof coverings on a wind mitigation?”

Post the entire presentation John……let people here the complete context of each question asked by the Commission and insurers and how the questions were answered. Don’t forget the part where I ask every insurer in the room if they want inspectors to report damage on a wind mitigation report? don’t forget the part about “building code compliance”…that was a good one. Funny, you always leave those sections of the recording out…maybe you’re trying to hide something?

The presentation was on wind mitigation…….which is state “law”……you do know what a “law” is, right John? Do you know what it takes to change a “law” John? Years John……years. Nothing I was doing was going to “hurt home inspectors financially” as you stated numerous times. The information in my presentation was nothing new to any of the commission members or insurers……reason being most of it came from their website. Do you know what it takes to “change a law” John…huh?..do ya? First, you need to write the change, then you need to get backing by a state representative…do you have any evidence of me, or any other person, EVER DOING THAT?

If you do, please provide it. If not, then you made up a lie about me. You made false statements about my intentions and put me in a position where I was genuinely concerned about people close to me.

Don’t ever think you and I will be having “a conversation or discussion”……I have no interest in being dumbed down to your level. You make stupid statements that put people in bad situations because you don’t know any better.

John…are these your words?..from 2013…Does that not say “lies and laziness”? Is that date 4/2013? That means you said the EXACT same damn thing I did, only 2 years earlier…Hypocrite and a liar!

http://i68.tinypic.com/i6ik1v.jpg

[quote=“Robert_R.Sheppard, post:24, topic:115868”]

LOL…I’m listed as an instructor on more wind mitigation courses than you are John. And, I’m also listed with the CILB with my own course…you also told us that you don’t complete wind mitigations, you have “other inspectors” who do it.

That diagram was never “accepted” by anyone…it’s made up. But let me guess…hmmmmmmmm…qualifying hip roof features when located over another roof don’t count towards the roof system perimeter as that would help a home owner receive a lower insurance premium, but ALL non-hip features that would count against them do…hmmmmmmmmmmm…I wonder who made that diagram…geeeeee, I wonder.

QUOTE]

I actually like the idea of using the perimeter of all roofs. Didn’t the old form say something like building perimeter? Don’t remember now. I think the problem is within the definition. Perimeter is the outer portion. Can you have more than one perimeter of a structure?

[quote=“phalstead, post:38, topic:115868”]

Doesn’t ask for the perimeter of the “structure”, it asks for the perimeter of the “roof system”.

Not the “structure”, not the “roof covering(s)”…the “ROOF SYSTEM”…

Call your roofer, ask him what the perimeter of a “roof system” is?..call a your contractor, ask him where the perimeter of the roof system is?..Making up new definitions is the reason inspectors are so confused. Making up new definitions to purposely skew results of an inspection to favor one side or the other is illegal!

The OIR, nor the FSC, has endorsed or adopted that diagram…everyone knows this. It was definitely made with the help of, or even produced by an insurer. I would like to chat with the person who made it…maybe since John teaches it, he can tell us who exactly produced it?

“Lies and Laziness”…let’s just leave this here for a bit…

http://i68.tinypic.com/i6ik1v.jpg

Robert, I have posted the whole presentation and parts of the presentation and have it if anyone is interested in you calling inspectors lazy or telling the board that we are 100% wrong and don’t want to do it correctly. All your words not mine. If you feel threatened because of what you said, you can’t blame me

That diagram comes from Bill.