InterNACHI releases a library of state-specific home inspection agreements

Yes, but you should use the English one.

I fully intend to use the English document. I’ve had clients whose primary language is Spanish and can better understand what they are reading. They feel more confident then signing the English agreement. Where do I find the Spanish document?

Correction;
They feel more confident after reading it, then they would sign the English version agreement.

Seriously, do you ever sleep. Nice work on these agreements. In Illinois there are a few mandated items that have to be in the agreement. I am sure there will be a way to do some editing. I copied the list and bolded the items that will need to be added to the agreements.

Home inspectors or home inspector entities shall enter into a written agreement with the client or duly authorized representative prior to the home inspection that includes at a minimum:

1. The purpose of the inspection;
  2. The date of the inspection;
  3. The name, address and license numbers of the home inspector and home inspector entity;
  4. The fee for services performed;
  5. A statement that the inspection will be performed in accordance with these Standards;
  6. A list of the systems and components to be inspected;
  7. Limitations or exclusions of systems or components being inspected; and
  8. The signature of the client or his or her duly authorized representative, and the signature of the home inspector or the duly authorized representative of a home inspector entity.

Thanks, I emailed Joe about it.

1. Inspection Fee & Additional Fees: The Inspection Fee identified above is sue prior to or immediately

Nicely written.
You will need to correct the misspelling of “sue”

1 Like

That was fixed, I believe, or being fixed.

It hasn’t yet, but I like that we can edit so that is what I will do.

2 Likes

Charlie:

Here are some preliminary answers to your questions. The others I will circle back to after I clarify some technical issues.

1. The purpose of the inspection is addressed in paragraph 3 of the IL agreement, which provides "The inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination and evaluation of the exterior and interior components of residential real property, which includes the inspection of any 2 or more of the following components of residential real property: (a) heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system; (b) plumbing system; (c) electrical system; (d) structural composition; (e) foundation; (f) roof; (g) masonry structure; or (h) any other residential real property component as established by rule, in order to identify significantly deficient conditions.

2. This is contained in the first sentence in paragraph 3.

3. The systems and components to be inspected are in the paragraph I quoted above for question 1.

4. Paragraph 5 contains all of the exclusions.

I’ll get you answers as to the formatting type questions you asked. All good questions.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Joe.

Thank you for the response. Sorry I didn’t put my comments about what is missing higher up. I did see the items. I was holding the items that were missing. But again, that will be different for each inspector.

Thank you again.

1 Like