IR Training

Juan, he asked others to see who looked professional answering Veo.

I RECOMMEND: You avoid walking down Linas’s road when he is acting out looking for attention.

All the best buddy.
You are quite welcome as always.

Are you accusing me of doing the “c o c k strut”???

Haha you mean unconscious incompetance or was that not intentional?

If you read my statements, maybe you will see there is no need for any of this. John and InterNACHI have a product that has value.

It is a sad statement when all individuals can do to boast bravado in their attachments IMO It embarrass themselves by only stating negative qualities without substance.

I have recognized every member here for their attachments.
John has given any member a open invitation, yet I see no takers.
Even if I did and soon will be taking my level one, you do not compare apples to oranges, do you. They are both recognized for there qualities.

So if you wish to hold up your level of certification stating mine is better than your than so be it.

I have been transparent in my efforts and stated openly and without prejustice I find value in the course.

Now show me were I am misdirecting someone and I will retract my statement at once.

That post is a perfect example of saying nothing.

I think this bears repeating John.
Thank you for your course. I enjoyed it and will mention it if anyone asks.

Because John, himself has never bothered to work past the point of being unconsciously incompetent

John took a basic course provided by one of the recognized thermography education providers, many years ago. It was a skinnied down version of the Level-I course. He has ever since been conspicuously absent from from any subsequent training courses, conferences or even technical discussions. As far as is known to anyone here, the only certification that he possesses is the one that he bestowed upon himself (He has never dispelled this).

Imagine someone who took an intro to home inspecting course years ago, then suddenly started “teaching” home inspection and offering certifications for payment but in the ensuing years has completed zero continuing education to advance or even maintain his training. Gave himself his own certification designation to substitute for the industry recognized certifications that he never attained. Continued to provide “training” to unsuspecting people who wanted into the field while offering no meaning advice on technical topics in the public forums that he frequents with his non-topical and self-promoting posts. Imagine someone who had the audacity to do that. How would professional Home Inspectors regard such a person?

The 120x120 standard that keeps getting referenced is a RESNET standard. RESNET (HERS) raters use blower doors. A blower door can “amplify” the IR signature associated with air leakage…among other things. Simply referencing these standards without knowing why they were written and are in place is not a wise way to purchase an IR camera.

(See attached images) - These two thermograms were both taken by a 320x240, 50mk camera. That is approx 433% more pixels and 100% better thermal sensitivity than the camera in the standard, and yet we still cannot see any air leakage in the first image. The 2nd image is taken during a standard I wrote for doing IR with a blower door. I am not a big fan of the 50pa standard as if you have an ACH (air change per hour) of 10, then you are turning the air over in the house 10 times per hour. That essentially means the inside air is being replaced with the outside air every 6 minutes. It is difficult to do a complete IR scan in 6 minutes (before your blower door erodes your Delta T to basically 0). The 2nd image shows the blower door operating at only 7pa of depressurization (in this particular situation). Just as a side note, often times even a duct tester can obtain these kinds of pressures.

Just based on these two images, are you sure you really want to do IR scans with a free course or even a $500 course? For those that have taken the class, would you have documented the first image as anything? Does the course in question inform the student that even with air leakage you may not be able to see it? Does the student obtain the knowledge on how to see it?

In addition the 120x120 camera that is often referenced in these threads doesn’t have span and range control (without taking a ton of time and manipulation) or focus. Without range and span the user is often left blind in the field as the user cannot “tune” the image while doing the scan. These are essential in any application, IMHO, and especially crucial in the building diagnostics world as the Delta Ts involved in building diagnostics are normally very low. Both attached images are tuned. I do not have the raw images.

Jason Kaylor
AC Tool Supply
Net Zero Tools
877-207-1244

lightwithbd.jpg

lightnobd.jpg

These two statements are just not true and haven’t been for years.

http://www.infraredtraining.com/calendar/classDescription.cfm?Classname=39931

http://www.thesnellgroup.com/TrainingDetails.aspx?id=10694

Those are both Level I courses that are designed specifically for building. Both are written based on ASTM standards and give an ASNT certification. Both are nationally recognized.

Jason Kaylor
AC Tool Supply
Net Zero Tools
877-207-1244

now we get to apples and oranges.
$1,750.00
As to your 120/120 and blower doors. It is a minimum level accepted period. Or we better tell commercial and industrial plants to buy blowers…

NOTE: Using blower door is opening yourself up to litigation.

like sealing an old home to air tight. The new methods do not allow for a good comparison.
So as more and more get know the more the bravado continue.

120x120 is used in industrial, commercial and residential just fine and without blower doors.

NOTE: Go talk to FLUKE that entered an entry level models into the market place. Making the TIR and TIR one redundant.
So please. If a $6000 camera is sold than it must be to chimps or FKUKE is waiting for litigation suite as we type.

Lets take this down a notch.

We are talking about a $500 dollar INACHI certified course accepted in many states. The fee which is free if you are not a member and wish to join. If you are a member in good standing you are given a rebate on the next years fees.
Hmmmm.
Something fishy there John. Better tell Nick.

Everyone is now a professional after the (IR) thermography industry is just starting to be unveiled. Yep. I got it.

Sorry for the edits. I am in between getting ready to go out.

PS: As for your Delta T. You can get good Delta T through manipulation of the atmosphere.

I am starting to wonder if this user name is being used by John M.

Rob

There is no reason to defend the class. Someone asked a question. Several offered their opinions. The OP can make up his mind based on what others write. Every single time you write something, you are being counter productive to your goal.

Okay you got me. I lack omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.

If John can teach that in his course, SIGN ME UP!

You are talking about manipulating the temp. The images I displayed are based on pressure not temp.

I am not sure how you are going to properly manipulate the pressure in the structure without a blower door. We do several things when setting up this test. We calculate the stack effect, neutral pressure plane/wind and the buildings natural pressure. I am not sure how you are going to do that with the HVAC unit and or misc. exhaust fans.

Well Veo, what do you think?

I can’t speak for Veo.

But I think it’s clear to see that John has successfully gotten Robert to the point of being unconsciously incompetent (the first stage of the competency model), although I can’t understand why you would intentionally pay someone for that. Whether he will ascend to other levels of competence depends on him and his desire and ability to learn.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong as infrared home inspector? Be specific. Since I have never had one complaint, I doubt you have anything to say, other than to keep claiming you can pee higher than me.

Jason;
Sorry I missed you last week. I was in AZ and stopped by to see you. You were just leaving I guess as I pulled in… On a Harley of course!!!

Sorry for the thread drift.

Sorry jkaylor.
My voice recognition software went screwy along with my PC.
I would have been here to correct this long ago.
I will delete the post and continue later.

Please do not talk for me Mr. Evans.
If you start from the being of my commenting on the (IR) class I mentioned I would take the course and review it.
I have. I see nothing wrong.
Even when I step up to level one which I openly admit I have not done yet and do see some training differences I will not say anything.
What I will do IF I can is to help correct any anomalies if that would help inspector get beneficial education.
Thank you Chuck.

What I would like to see though is some decorum or latitude towards INACHI members. The insults are not needed.

I care not for bravado.

Linas. it is a sad state when your ilk and disdain are allowed to continue.
I bet you suffer in your own way so I am satisfied that natural checks and balances are still left up to our Fathers device:-)
All the best.