Is Canadian National Certification dying?

Sorry Vern and Larry, it is just so clear to me what is going on. I edited my post above.

Vern, look on the bright side. Sooner or later O.A.H.I. and C.A.P.H.I. will implode and N.A.C.H.I. will be left standing. We can make this a truly national organization by being ready to step in as this happens.

Sorry to hear of the collapse of your chapter meeting. It is probably just a reflection of the confusion in many inspectors minds about which organization is going to rise to the top and which are going to disappear. Sooner or later they will see that N.A.C.H.I. ( Canada) is the organization that best represents them and their interests and your chapter will take root. We need more representation from the West!

As usual it is reported that because of the motion by a OAHI member to suspend participation with CAHPI, some OAHI members have found it necessary to intimidate the person who put forth the motion with personal attacks, and bullying, name calling, et ceteras.

As I have stated all along there are elements in OAHI and CAHPI who are willing to go to any lengths to push their agenda and hide from members what is going on. When OAHI or those in the CAHPI camp can’t provide appropriate answers or do not like the form of the questions, or anyone who has the balls to question, let alone put a motion forth, as usual and well documented, certain inspectors in OAHI feel it is their duty to do as they please under the banner of patriotism.

It is very concerning to see such tactics from a self regulating body. Of course you have all seen for yourself through my eyes what OAHI and CAHPI are capable of. You can see that in the post above from one Director who has no concept of his role. When they didn’t like my questioning of the National they suspended me. When they didn’t like what Roy and I and Larry had to say OAHI let the dogs lose on us, and let one member continue with threats.

So much for democracy in OAHI/CAHPI, you cannot even put forth a motion for consideration at the AGM without being intimidated. I expected this to happen because this is how management carries out its mandate. So much for leadership, good governance, compliance with the by-laws.

Shame on those OAHI/CAHPI members who can’t and won’t let free speech, freedom of expression, and freedom of association flourish and find it necessary to act as barbarians and zealots.

The Canadian government told NACHI and OAHI that they will not make their national certification mandatory like licensing unless NACHI embraces it as well. NACHI is not going to embrace National Certification, so this has likely thrown a wrench into the works, not to mention the concerns with in OAHI that are now raising considerable concern.

Unfortunately caphi is still the controlling force as far as CMHC and the lower main land real estate boards are concerned.
NACHI’s presence is largely unknown
regards,
larry
CBI Canadian Building Inspections Ltd.
A & B Homes
A - 1 Home Check
( the old man him self )
just don’t call me old

Larry, what can N.A.C.H.I. do to help change that situation?