Is the NACHI GTA meeting in Brampton near Toronto Airport?

It appears our meeting on Wednesday in Brampton is near the Toronto International Airport. Does anyone know if the meeting is close to the airport?

Yes I expect it is about a $20:00 cab ride from the Air Port. Quicker and easier the renting a Car. My Thoughts Roy Cooke sr

I Will be posting directions later today,my apologies

OK. I’ll take a cab then. I’m actually arriving on Tuesday (a day early) and will come to the restaurant early (about 4 pm). If anyone wants to meet for drinks before the GTA NACHI meeting email me at nick.gromicko@nachi.org I’m buying.

" I’m buying." !!

Suddenly all 3500 inspectors in the Lansdowne Ontario area are expressing an interest in attending:shock:

Nick,

Is Jamie still on for Wednesday???

For those who may need directions to get to the meeting location:

Spot One Restaurant and Banquet Hall
**289 Rutherford Road South **(SW corner Rutherford Rd. S and Glidden Rd)
(905) 456-0422 or Allen’s Cell (416) 550-4345

From West:
Take 401 East to 410 North.
Exit at Steeles Ave.
Turn left onto Steeles.
First intersection (2nd set of lights), is Rutherford.
Turn Right onto Rutherford.
Just past the Bingo Country on the Left (west) side of the road is the drive for the restaurant. This driveway is just before the second set of lights on Rutherford.

From East:
Take 401 West to 410 north.
Exit at Steeles Ave.
Turn left onto Steeles.
Just past the Bingo Country on the Left (west) side of the road is the drive for the restaurant. This driveway is just before the second set of lights on Rutherford.

From Northwest (eg Georgetown, Orangeville):
Take Highway 10 (aka Main Street or Hurontario) south to Clarence Street.
Turn Left onto Clarence and follow through residential area and past Kennedy Road to Rutherford Road. (first set of lights past Kennedy Road).
Turn Right (south) onto Rutherford Road.
First set of lights (about 1.5KM) is Glidden. Go through intersection to driveway on the Right (West side)

From Northeast (eg Barrie):
Take Hwy 400 south to 407 (or 401) West.
Exit 410 NORTH
Exit Steeles Ave.
Turn left onto Steeles.

Hope this is helpful. If you are unclear or need help determining a route from your location (if not covered), please feel free to give me a call on my cell (416-550-4345).

See you on Wednesday at 6:00 pm!

I have about 65 RSVP’s so far.

Well I did not get 3500 but I got six calls complaining -X because I had to cancell the Alberta NACHI meeting on Feb 16.
Next time there is a meeting send in your RSVP with payment as soon as the announcement is made. If all the complainents had RSVP’d the meeting would have been held. :sad:

Packed house. Went on until 2:30 am. See ya all again in March.

Thanks Nick, Allen, Bob, Helen, et al! Wow what a turn out! I can’t ever remember seeing so many inspectors in a room together!

It was also surprising to see some fellow inspectors from that other Association in the room and it’s always nice to match faces to the names I see posting on the Nachi forum.

Thanks again!

Hey Allen! " You give good meeting!" Hope to see you all again in March.

( Ray; I see you posted at 7:45 this morning. We didn’t get home until then! Long drive. Some really bad drivers out there and not all of the four wheel variety :roll: )

I use to have a car like that. I would sit in the car all day long, by the end of the day I was still in the driveway. :slight_smile: :0

That was a long time ago when he was thirteen and dreamed of when he could be able to drive on the road.
Roy sr

Thanks to all who came out and got involved. As much as I thank you for the “Kudos” I had nothing to do with the planning of this meeting at all. It was all done by Allen and Danielle. Their FIRST Chapter meeting and it was a great success!

Look for the next one on March 18, in the Brantford area. Many more speakers, lots of education, food and fun for all.

Rumor has it that Nick will be returning to Canada for this one as well along with a special guest!

See you all there! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tyrone Wheeler, a NACHI member who only just completed his first full year, was a hard act to follow. He has 3 inspectors already working for him and he did almost 600 inspections himself last year (his first full year in business). He stood up and spoke about how he did it.

Anyway, I had the pleasure of eating with him and 2 of his inspectors, and during the meeting last night… he scheduled 4 more inspections from his cell phone.

:smiley: