Is this a Footing?

Thanks a bunch!

How that foundation passed inspection; I’ll never know.

Until next time.

SM

If you look at picture #2, the square thing close to the wall just right of the plumbing is what is used around here for the bathtub rough in. Remember the OP is in Colorado. This is how it has been done around here for quite some time.
The gravel is placed inside the sonotube to help keep it from moving while the concrete is being poured, then removed once the column is ready to go in. (typically)

1 Like

You are quite welcome Steven.
If you look at your posted picture to the left of the column, the rough spot in the floor is the tube material sticking up out of the concrete. Oh btw, the contractor troweled water into the surface when finishing also. The surface of that slab is junk…

Yes, I’m familiar with that stuff. LOL.
It’s crazy what you see out there. Even on a new build.

I ran into a safety hazard in a shower stall a few weeks ago. Someone had installed a Broan kitchen exhaust fan in the shower.

Makes for good blogging:)

1 Like

Cool pics, I have not seen it done that way, Thanks for posting the pics. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, crappie workmanship all the way around. You see a lot of it.

Not as bad as CA, AZ and other states though.

1 Like

Some guys will use a 5 gallon bucket too, and pull it out once the concrete is set, :laughing:.

1 Like

It is interesting to see how things are done in other parts of the country, nice.

1 Like

Definitely more than one way to skin a cat that’s for sure. It’s fun working with someone from a different part of the country and scratching your head trying to figure out wth they are doing sometimes. LOL.

1 Like