Is this an indication of a Septic system ?

The buyer mention abt the residence possibly being on
a septic tank…Here’s a picture of the sewer covers on
the property…Does this picture indicate a Septic system ?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x296/dawlita/Beltran056.jpg

David

Possibly, but not definitively. In any event, most lenders (in CA) will require a septic-certification before funding on properties with these systems. Simply call it out as a “private waste/septic system,” which should be evaluated and certified by a qualified professional.

I’ve never seen a septic tank with steel manholes stamped with “Sewer” on them. I think this is something else. Usually the access ports are cement, or plastic. (But I freely admit that I haven’t seen everything.)

RV pad?

I saw a cesspool with such a cover on private property in a highly populated municipality in St. Louis County. The buyer had an inspection report written by an ASHI inspector reporting that she was on a public sewer and not only had a cesspool, but had her water lines entering the home parallel to the cesspool at a distance of 24 inches.

Do you mean a “pump tank”? I’ve never heard of the term “cesspool” in regards to an OWTS. Like a septic tank without a field, that doesn’t drain but has to be periodically pumped out? (honest question, no sarcasm intended.) :slight_smile:

This was an underground pool that caught the solid and liquid waste coming from the house with no evidence of drainage or other transport of waste to any leach field. Simply a home-made pool of…you know. It had a concrete cover with a steel “Sewer” lid.

If Larry Krausz gets on this thread, he now has access to the records and we can have him validate and provide photos.

This was an underground pool that caught the solid and liquid waste coming from the house with no evidence of drainage or other transport of waste to any leach field. Simply a home-made pool of…you know. It had a concrete cover with a steel “Sewer” lid.

If Larry Krausz gets on this thread, he now has access to the records and we can have him validate and provide photos.

The interior and exterior had “the odor” and there were frequent backups.

If it is, write it up. Septic tanks shouldn’t be buried beneath concrete.

Thanks. I’d like to see the pics…

Great!! I think we all would like to see pics of a cesspool too!:smiley:

Cesspools are quite common in Louisiana. Most of my relatives in Slidell have them.

thanks everybody…