Is this flashed correctly?

that’s one ugly dog…

That’s no Dog Mate.
That’s a wild and ravenous Kapie apie or sam! It truly a killing machine if it does not eat breakfast.

Might be a dog with a sam on it’s head though.
You could be right.:wink:

Now this is a dog. To certain toucan’s anyway.:wink:

For more examples of canines you have to go to last one to reply wins.

New prizes for all the members.

Kenton a question.
Do they always work down stream in a valley?

How do they tie into the tiles upstream of a dormer?
With shingles and nailing high works but I am truly perplexed.
The anchorage will get in the the way to finish off the tie-in course.

I don’t understand what you’re asking, Robert.

If they are removing the tiles then I am totally mistake. Please excuse me Kenton.
If they are repairing the tiles, you start at the bottom and work up with tile.

I also should have numbered the thread the photos were in… Sorry.

Dormers are not easy with any material.
Dormers takes measurement.

Chalked vertical and hormonal runs.
You need to insure all the shingle ends including the 6" stager meets.
30" then 36" horizontally and 12" verticality.
Above the obstruction at the roof plain intersection is the tricky part.

The top shingles, over the obstruction, are **high nailed ** (on top of the shingle and not at the slot) to allow the shingle to be tucked underneath the shingles over the obstruction.
How do the do that in the photo with the tiles?

Now if they are removing the tiles and not doing a repair please excuse me Kenton.

Here is a PDF on shingling dormers.

Man I hated doing the chalk layout. took an hour and more at times.
At least I was not labouring.

I’m not exactly sure what their mission was since their English wasn’t too good. I thought they were replacing the valley flashing. The underlay is trashed too, but they’d have to pull off all the battens to properly replace it.

Robert,
The tiles you see there are interlocking on the sides and in some instances they also interlock with the tile above.
I have seen tile roofs in South Africa where there are no nails (in fact I lived in a houselike that when I was growing up. If a tile broke, my dad woudl send me up to take the broken one out and install another. It was very easy to do and the roof stayed watertight.
There was no underlayment or any other water barrier present.

Thank you old friend.
Sorry I have not said hello.

Maybe you can help Kenton understand the process if you can get some literature.
Kenton I am not implying that you do not know, I just see it as another an avenue to exchange information. We all have relevance to add to the home inspection education.

All the best Aubrey.
Please excuse me old friend for not reaching out with a word or two.
god bless you and your family as always.
I will be saying hello more ofter soon.

I understand the process, I’m just not sure what those guys were doing. They could nave been doing several things.

You never know. I might even take my time to insure there are no spelling or grammar errors Aubrey. Gees Louis, some must think I am nuts.
No comments please.
Good grief. When I look at some of unquestionable pour sentence structure and errors.
It will get better. Sorry all.:frowning:

You have any literature Kenton ?
Not many tile roofs in Quebec. Slate, all the standard fare asphalt, metal. but the newer tile systems are just starting to be installed. I am going to get some photos at a job this afternoon and talk to some men. They are not the old barrel European style we are use to.

I know you have Terra Bites of information to envy the greatest Home Inspection God’s seated beside Ζεὺς Cronus. ApolloI, Dionysus - Thrace and the hawk Circe. Do you wish to anger them by keeping it a secret, do you ?
I only say this because of my affection for you Kenton. You know I am a loyal subject to my rulers and mentors.
Any tid-bit will do.:wink:

Just kidding buddy.
If you have any material I would enjoy it great brother Kenton. Do not worry though. I have plenty enough to catch up on.
All the best.

Robert, I’d like to help out, but Apollo II wants me to keep it all secret.

But… InterNACHI has a tile roof inspection video out now.

I know Kenton. I just though you had something up your sleeve.

Plus I was in good humor for once this week.
Had to try out the jocularity or my twisted sense of humor.

Appolllo missions, or God’s ?:wink:
I guess to the Greeks back them we all would be Gods with the gadgetry we have today.
All the best.