Is this our first licensed home inspector?

The OP’s thread, from Ontario, is, “Is this our first licensed home inspector?”

Actually, there are 2 provinces in Canada, and many stateside, that regulated and licensed home inspectors.
Now Ontario’s shoe dropped. Hopefully InterNACHI we be a guide to how to work through what is not yet known.
I am sure OntaroACHI will step up to the challenge with the backing of Nick Gromicko and the astute legal team, General Counsel, Mark Cohen, Heather Marx and the renowned Joseph A. Ferry defending members from merit-less claims.
Best of luck.

Now Kevin Wood, ex InterNACHI member, has posted this thread on his Facebook page. I guess he wanted to show how subordinates and their cohorts give ammunition to individuals that disagree with InterNACHI.
Too Bad.
So, sad a way to act. Not professional.
Interesting way to weed out these disruptive association subordinates and cohorts.:slight_smile:
I can’t say I agree, but it sure shines a light on the ‘very few’ bad apples in this association.
Hope all is well Kevin. I hope you and Nick Gromicko talked, in private, and your view of how professionals like Nick Gromicko has taken a change of heart. You can’t blame him for your actions and I am sure he would welcome you back with no hard feelings.:slight_smile: He’s a great man.

Quebec real estate regulator, the OACIQ, has taken somewhat of the Lone Star States, TREC, example.
I personally think this is a better method. Always admired how Texas handled regulating the real estate industry.
I fully enjoy how the OACIQ help educate prospective home buyers, discipline out of line real estate brokers and promote 4 home inspection associations in Quebec. InterNACHI being the largest and most prominent of the 4. As well, InterNACHI educates real estate brokers on real estate defects and deficiencies. A great association.
Bravo InterNACHI.

Now about the thread.
I am sure Nick Gromicko would have reached out to Willie, the subject of the thread, and introduced him to this grand organization, provided him with a membership and all it’s GREAT rewards. Remember InterNACHI motto, “As Iron Sharpens Iron, One Man Sharpens Another.”

Have a great day everyone.

I am glad to see Robert shows respect for others .
I am very happy with my life and very glad I have the knowledge and able to share it with others.
Hatred is not my way of doing things ,
Char me and a few friends did the First, and second NACHI meetings in Canada ,they went great .
So glad to see NACHI has done well in Canada .

thumbs up.jpg

1 Like

Your amazing alright

QUOTE: Nick Gromicko
There are about 3,000 inspectors in Canada of which my inbox for years is packed with complaints from 2 other Canadian associations regarding only 2 inspectors. I won’t go into all their charges and complaints.
The complaints were for … get ready for a shocker… Code of Ethics Violations!

Anyway, ESOP recently removed the very same 2 inspectors from InterNACHI.
End Quote:

Raymond Wand and Roy Cooke have been and continue to be an EMBARRASSMENT and a DISGRACE to the ENTIRE Canadian Home Inspector’s Industry!

The numerous complaints over the last few years do not lie!

Nick is a smart man… We are ALL glad to see him finally come to his senses!

Jim Mosiuk? You don’t you keep up with the news?

Here are just a few Canadian InterNACHI members.

Didn’t your mother teach you right from wrong and about lies?

Read the facts shamed Jim Mosiuk. Read instead of being spoon feed.

Over 20,000 InterNACHI members. Here are the stats.

Caught in a time warp AGAIN, Jim?

Just to keep you abreast with whats happen, Nick Gromicko did away with that particular ethic chair, and the counsel.

Lets get relevant angry inaccurate Jim Mosiuk, OK?

Home Inspector of the Year, Roy Cooke credits his mentors for high stature in profession

Roy Cooke in the news.

Being an electrician gives me a real good start, says Roy Cooke, in his second career as a home inspector.
Roy Cooke shows off his award as Home Inspector of the Year, an honour made even more special as he was elected by his peers in the industry.

by Ray Yurkowski
The Independent

Roy Cooke, of Brighton, has been named 2006 Home Inspector of the Year by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), the largest industry association in the world. The association is home to more than 10,000 members with about 700 in Canada. Mr. Cooke has been inspecting homes since 1999 and, at age 71, he is still able to scuttle around crawlspaces and scale ladders to check rooftops. It’s easy to tell he is having the time of his life. He says the award is even more special because it was voted upon by his peers. Mr. Cooke, a retired electrician, owns a 50-year button as a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. His son, Roy Jr., a home inspector for 20 years, told him: “When you’re ready to retire, this is an absolute perfect business for you because you have lots of knowledge.” Mr. Cooke found out pretty quickly how much he didn’t know. “I went out and did 100 inspections with my son as well as taking all the courses because there is an immense amount of information required,” he said. “Being an electrician gives me a real good start. “My son was my mentor. I had more than one but he was the most important one.” Air conditioning and furnace courses followed. He went out on service calls with Hutchinson Fuels a few times to make sure he was on the right track. “Then I did two home inspections with others just to confirm the way they did their job.” He does see problems in the industry. “Unfortunately, the school takes the money, $3,000, and says now you’re a home inspector,” Mr. Cooke says. “For the next three years, these people are out trying to learn how to do home inspections off people who are buying a house and they have no knowledge. “Ninety per cent of home inspectors never last three years. It’s so heartbreaking, it’s not fair to them and it’s not fair to people who are buying a house. “I did a pre-sale inspection of a house already done by a previous inspector. The person buying the house wanted me to go through and confirm the condition of the house.” The original inspector had missed asbestos on the water pipes, faulty electrical wiring, styrofoam insulation on the walls, and evidence of a previous fire. “It’s just past experience. These are the sort of things any good inspector would see but, unfortunately, newer inspectors don’t get a chance to stay in the business long enough to learn these things.” When you hire Roy’s Home Inspection, you’re getting a two-for-one deal. Wife Charlotte is a certified master home inspector as well. They are two of only 15 in the province. A master inspector requires 1,000 inspections, 1,000 hours of inspection-related continuing education, or a combination of both. “And we’ve had both,” Roy boasts. They have travelled to hundreds of seminars in Canada and the U.S. and continue to attend on a regular basis. But there is another advantage to having his wife along on some jobs. “Sometimes we’ll get a single lady buying a home and she might not be grasping something Roy is trying to explain,” says Ms. Cooke. “I can turn it around and explain it in female terms.” “We get to see a multitude of all sins,” she laughs. Have they seen it all in the eight years they’ve been in the business? “No, we still learn, nonstop,” Mr. Cooke says. “There are so many new things all the time, the only way to stay on top of them is to take these courses.” Every three months he turns up on a Belleville radio station to answer questions as listeners call in concerns. After an appearance on radio, he will get telephone calls for weeks afterward from people who didn’t want to be on-air. “We help them out,” Mr. Cooke says. “And we don’t charge for any of it. Many people just don’t know.” His monthly newsletter is e-mailed to more than 900 subscribers. Of the more than 700 people who regularly pose questions and offer advice on the InterNACHI website message board, only three have posted more messages than Roy. Even the forum has become an opportunity for further education when he can get answers from others in the trade. Mr. Cooke recalls an inspection of a 140-year-old house in Port Hope. The house was built, and an addition was built on the back. Then another addition was built onto that. “The way I can tell they were built at separate times is the bricks don’t match up. There’s a window at the top and a ‘clean-out’ at the bottom. “An indoor outhouse,” he said. “The only one I’ve ever seen.” “Wouldn’t that be handy in 1850?” asks Ms. Cooke. “You wouldn’t have to go back outside.” “You’d be the elite lady of the area,” her husband chuckles. A letter from a Toronto real estate agent sings his praises. “I’m very pleased (the purchaser) picked you out of the bunch. For an old fart, you sure know your stuff. Now if we could only clone you and replace half of the home inspectors in Toronto, it would be more relaxed and fun. “We’re doing okay,” Mr. Cooke says. “I treat everyone the same. I do every inspection as though I were doing it for my daughter.”

Roy Cooke is an amazing man.

Active Poster

Default Roy Cooke is an amazing man.
Quote:
Timothy Cole
5:58 AM (7 hours ago)

to nick
Nick
I try to learn every day but some electrical issues were always not clear to me. I contacted retired member Roy Cooke and asked if he could help me. He agreed and I went to his home and he answered all of my questions and I even got a cup of coffee!
It is great to belong to an association that has members who are willing to help their fellow inspectors.
Tim Cole
Thank you Roy.

Roy was thefirst Canadian Home Inspector and InterNACHI member to be inducted into the Home Inspector Hall of Fame.

Stop trying to discredit a member that Dwarfs your insignificance hear and within the Canadian home inspection industry.
Grow up Jim.

More BS from Robert Young of Montreal Home Inspection Services

Mr.Young Has multiple Ethics Violations

He has advertised he is a Government Licensed Home Inspector when no license exists.

He advertises he has an InterNachi License to inspect homes when no such license exists.

He has sent me emails saying he has reported me to the police about MB posts, yet refuses to give me the name of the officer or the report number so I can defend his accusations.

Robert Young is a fraud and a compulsive liar and a disgrace to the Home Inspection Industry

Do NOT hire this person to Inspect your home

Robert, below is your quote

Just to keep you abreast with whats happen, Nick Gromicko did away with that particular ethic chair, and the counsel.

What does this have to do with Nicks quote?

He agreed with their decision to remove Cooke.

Here it is so you can READ it again

QUOTE: Nick Gromicko
There are about 3,000 inspectors in Canada of which my inbox for years is packed with complaints from 2 other Canadian associations regarding only 2 inspectors. I won’t go into all their charges and complaints.
The complaints were for … get ready for a shocker… Code of Ethics Violations!

Anyway, ESOP recently removed the very same 2 inspectors from InterNACHI.
End Quote:

Raymond Wand and Roy Cooke have been and continue to be an EMBARRASSMENT and a DISGRACE to the ENTIRE Canadian Home Inspector’s Industry!

The numerous complaints over the last few years do not lie!

Nick is a smart man… We are ALL glad to see him finally come to his senses!

By the way Jim. It’s spelt; Robert Young’s Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.

I have never seen you once try to help or mentor at InterNACHI. Always causing trouble lately.

So sad for the association and members therein, you knowingly try to discredit members that have achieved what you could not through hard work and devotion.

Don’t blame others or get angry at their success.
Look in the mirror Jim, at why you retired and everything you lost.

I retired to enjoy life, and it is exactly what I am doing

Please tell me what I have lost.

I think its time for stronger meds for you as you are brainwashed

Definately not Roberts writing

Once again he gives out his sign in credentials

Jim.
I will ask you one last time please, stop posting negatively about any member.

The association and its member’s are not seen in a professional light.
It discredits the association, and therein, the home inspection industry.

Have a great day.
Best regards.
Robert Young

Can’t we all just get along! LOL!

Roy L., what movie?

Martians Attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0)

Robert

You are the one that mentions me in your posts.

You are a complete HYPROCITE

Everytime you say something about me I will continue to expose you as the fraud that you are.

Now go take your meds before you get more delusional

Sad way to walk around life.
Believing what you say and quitting as an excuse.

Actually you discredit yourself again.
You disparaged me with untruth and disparage me while personally attacking my credibility replying to a poster.
Post #22
Never mentioned you at all.:shock:

Sure miss you buddy.

I see I need my popcorn here, now, too!

I’ll have to flip back and forth between channels. LOL

2 Likes