ISN sells out?

Dan is too busy counting his money now that he sold his integrity.

Some of you may not be able to see this report (from a FB member) on this mornings conferance call from ISN. I had no part in this, so I do not feel it’s proper for me to copy/paste the ‘opinion’. I feel it is very telling in general, and thought it should be made known to others. I leave it up to others to expound from here.

The only time I share client info is under subpoena ! Lol.

If Dan was and is insulted that so many inspectors and others question his integrity then he shouldn’t have sold out his integrity. The mere fact that it’s an “opt out” option rather than an “opt in” option proves they are counting on unsuspecting newbies and on vets who are too busy working to notice what happened. That defines a lack of integrity right there.

Not to mention why would you soil the good name of your company by associating it with a company who’s aim to to try to control the home improvement business.

Interesting find Nick.

ISN certainly had a reason for the change, or they wouldn’t have changed it. Right?

Michelle Shishilla works for ISN, has chimed in here, and one would think is monitoring this thread.

I think Dan owes it to us, HIS clients, to post here and set the record straight.

Interesting quote from ISN less than two years ago https://www.nachi.org/forum/f86/welcome-official-inspection-support-network-isn-forum-105837/#post1401226

So it seems things have changed a bit as far as ISN’s priorities and commitment to privacy. Their choice of partner is unfathomable if they wish to continue as an inspector service provider.

Dan Huber - If you still own ISN you have very little time to fix this. If you don’t you need to let us know and we’ll move on.

It’s my personal opinion that Dan no longer owns ISN, or at least not 51% or more of it. It’s now owned by a large repair contractor.

Dan will certainly set me straight if I’m wrong, and I hope I am, but my post #65 of this thread says it all.

If that should be the case - I’m out. Whoever is in charge needs to step up and address this issue.

Dan’s silence is deafening.

Hanging out in Mexico with Russell?

InterNACHI is both a non-profit organization and a federally tax-exempt organization. Most members know this. But there is another thing about InterNACHI that most members don’t know: It never issued stock and is legally setup so that it can never issue stock. Therefore, InterNACHI is not owned and can never be owned by anyone. Since there are no owners, it can never be sold. There have been a variety of steps taken to assure that InterNACHI will last for 100 years.

Humility prevents me from telling you who set it all up like that ;).

No one is going to come on this thread and come clear. They have spent a lot of money to purchase data and according to a link that Jonas posted “porch has already gathered data for 60 million projects…”, I’m sure most of the people on here know where that data came from.

There is probably nothing we can do about all of our past clients info, we can just stop adding more data for them which means not only opting out of porch on isn’s site but opting out of using isn all together.

By this point, if Nick’s right and porch purchased isn, they already have what they want and any further data is just the cherry on top.

Time to go and remove a weeks worth of upcoming jobs from my isn dashboard and to modify my HIP software so that there are no links connecting me to them.

You can take your historical data with you https://www.nachi.org/forum/f86/export-your-data-isn-124525/#post1764421. Perhaps one of the competitors will put together an import process to make the transition easier and smoother.

Do you think Michelle came here on her own accord to tell everyone not to jump to conclusions and not to make any rash decisions or do you think she was prodded by her employer? I’m going with the latter.

I just remembered I have to remove my commercial company from isn’t’ also.

We’ll look at that. Seems you were right.

Little known fact: ISN, now Porch, owns CloudInspect which is white label reporting software used by several of the home inspection franchises. So Porch the repair contractor got the inspector data, the inspection report data, the consumer data, ISN, and CloudInspect. Gotta hand it to them… they took a huge bite out of our industry.

Amerispec franchise is switching to HomeGauge next week. You heard it here first.

The major stockholder of Porch is Lowes Home Improvement. You heard it here first again.

I warned Dan of this, which I think it is on this message board. Even got a call or a message (cannot remember which) from an inspector, who is a close friend of Dan’s, assuring me it would never happen.
A person’s moral compass gets bent, when you are around people without any morals.

Always for years have been with ISN and toyed with it but always knew this would happen.I have a habit to avoid it 3rd party involvement as much as possible.