It must be a Joke

I just bid on a job that had between 800 and 1000 electrical panels disconnects and motors and provided my standard bid which in this case was by the hour the job was going to take between 5 and 7 days to complete with two days to tune the images and write the report.

I received an e-mail stating Sorry Charley the accustomed price for the IR scans in the past was $2200.00

My price was $10,800.00 and I thought my bid was going to be low.

Beat out again by someone with no training and a low end camera, they get what they pay for???

Big gap there Charley.
You win some, you lose some, I guess.
:slight_smile:

Well Marcel I have a big ego through education and I don’t work for free:shock:

Charley, same thing just happened to me. Large manufacturing plant. Approximately 90 electrical devises to scan which was required by the insurance company. My quote was around 6500.00 and they got someone for half that. Same thing, just pretty picture’s no load calculations.

Seeing more of this trend. Insurance company mandates thermal scans of all electrical equipment but they don’t reference a standard. Company is already paying out the arse for insurance so they go with the cheap scans, insurance company doesn’t care because now they have someone to sue when an electrical fire starts. Oh well.

That’s one heck of a spread. :shock:

With no load calculations, they are not getting the very thing they need the most.

We all must be firm and direct on our pricing and get paid accordingly for our knowledge. If we do not get the job because we are too high, often, it’s a good thing. Clients that are more concerned for your price than the condition of the property, should not be purchasing the property.

Gary no purchasing involved the property concerned was trying to meet an insurance requirement for their electrical which has become a requirement for a lot of insurance companies. Most of my IR lately has been due to insurance requirements. Some commercial companies try to get off as cheap as possible and other care about quality and safety