It’s time got bumped out of an Insp

I hope you’re wrong, Larry, but a good case can be made for what you’re saying.

Yet, in the back of my head, I keep getting the thought that many many people have had time to think a lot, evaluate the way they were earning money, and are devising plans. I’m hoping creativity will prime the pump within the eager types, and push the economy as restrictions ease. If we were truly on a war footing, with everyone working their asses off to support the effort, I could see people burnt out. But this is like the worst summer off in the most boring of times for many - with debt piling up to salt the wound. I can see people heading back to earning like kids dying to go back to school. Gotta get back to familiar faces and back to business.

This crap needs to end quickly.

Well said Emanuel, the bottom feeders won’t last. We have an inspector here in New Mexico who has been charging $200.00 per inspection. He’s in and out in 30 to 40 minutes. All the experienced realtors and their QB’s stopped using this company because their shitty repetition with many lawsuits has finally got around. Now this company only does Sewer line scopes. I charge $400.00 per inspection with a FREE termite & dry rot report. I’m blessed with 2 inspections per day currently in this pandemic.

1 Like

It depends on your integrity to your job. I have an inspection tomorrow for $450. I asked them if they where looking for cheaper I was not their Home Inspector. She said I want the best, I said you called the right number. So you know, people that are buying houses are not hurting for money, they are taking advantage of the situation and you. IT IS ALL ABOUT YOUR INTEGRITY?

1 Like

Excellent points and…

Great job Mike! :smile:

Sure it wasn’t the Realtor’s doing, happens to me all the time, get a call to schedule an inspection, client calls their realtor to gain access, guess what all of a sudden the buyer chose a different inspector. Yeah the one the realtor “prefers”. I know some of you guys will disagree but realtors need to be out of the inspection referral business, its truly a conflict of interest. A big commission may be riding on the out come of the inspection. The last realtor referral I got the agent pulls me aside and tells me his client wants out of the deal and asks me to help him out. Yeah right. Plus you know the National Association of Realtors allows agents and real estate offices to receive “referral” fees from vendors. I think its article 6 of the NAR code of ethics…Just saying…

2 Likes

Kenneth, I curtailed that by me making the call to the listing agent’s OFFICE and speaking to the receptionist. I just let her know when the inspection was for (date and time) and asked what the combo was and away I went. I made notes on my appointment sheet (e.g. Name, combo, etc).

That worked for my business for years and years.

I still believe we shouldn’t have to cater to Realtors for business, and I’m doing what I can to stop this practice in SC, I did an inspection on a 2.5 million dollar listing and the agent actually wanted me to kick back 10%, or buy him lunch, 6% commission on 2.5 M is $150K “give me a break” and I have to kiss his butt for a $500.00 inspection, let the consumer decide which company to hire, there is enough info on line about inspection companies to make a smart decision. Keep in mind that members of the NAR contribute to C-Pac and have lobbyist in Congress to help make laws that protect them, its legal for Realtors or real estate offices to collect a referral fee but against the law for inspectors to pay one, go figure.

Kenneth Golanoski

SC Licensed Home Inspector

SC Licensed Com Gen Contractor

FHA 203K Consultant

843-683-1117

www.move-n-ready.com

5 Likes

Don’t blame the agents… it is a bunch of low-balling, poorly educated, home inspectors that keep the price at $500 while the agents get paid 2-6% of the house price. Agents won’t work for %0.01 commission, why do home inspectors work for $500? making 20-40 times less than the RE agent (work-hours adjusted) on an average house in my area. Have to knock out 200 inspections to make 100k, how much would an agent make if he or she sold 200 houses?

3 Likes

Then get your real estate license, I have one and I know realtors conduct, the only profession that I know of that is required to complete ethics training every two years. Besides I’ll take 2 inspections a day at $500 or even $300 each for 52 weeks, it’s a heck of a lot more money than any realtor I know makes.

Kenneth Golanoski

SC Licensed Home Inspector

SC Licensed Com Gen Contractor

FHA 203K Consultant

843-683-1117

www.move-n-ready.com

1 Like