ITA 6 day fast track home inspection Training Course

Originally Posted By: kluce
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has anyone taken the ITA 6 day fast track inspection training course?

If so, what did you think of it?

Originally Posted By: rwashington

Just curious why you would need your training completed in a week? Do you have a great background in construction, electrical, etc. and are just looking to get your hours to get a license? Maybe your requirements are alot different in IN?

My fast track education was six weeks and still too fast.

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I took that course in Tampa. I do have some construction background, I didn’t have a ton of money, and I did need the hours to meet the requirements for a license. I thought it was a much as anyone could get in one week anywhere, which is not enough but better than nothing. It’s worth noting that I stayed in my room and studied every night and absorbed every word I could during the day. I saw others sleep walking through it all and zipping out to answer thier cell phones during class; couldn’t figure out why they bothered.

6 weeks is better than 2, 2 is better than 1, 1 is better than none. Get as much as you can possibly afford.

Originally Posted By: jpope

qualify you for the discounted rates in most states.

Pay now or pay later. Your additional insurance costs will most likely far exceed the difference between the Fast Track and Enhanced courses.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: kluce

I am looking at it for two reasons. The first is for continuing education. The second is this would satisfy the IL education requirements to do home inspections in IL which I live next to. I was just wondering if the class was was any good. I’ve been a HI around 5 years and don’t want to take something that I wont learn much from.