ITA Correspondence Course - Your Opinion Please

Originally Posted By: Senthil Puliyadi
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Dear NACHI People,

Senthil Puliyadi, the guy with the hope of making $280,000 per year five years down the lane, once again.

I would like to attend the ITA classes but I do not have time. I can not just disappear from my job for an entire week.

I know ITA class-room courses are really good. After taking correspondence course, I do not want to regret later that "Had I attended live classes, I would have understood this concept better".

As always, I will appreciate your inputs in helping me to decide.

Sincerely,
Senthil Puliyadi

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Go to the onsite courses.

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I agree. Take a week of vacation and invest in your future. If you can’t ever be gone from your job for a week, you may never be.

Originally Posted By: jpope

course.

You sounded like an intelligent man when we spoke. Did you take short cuts when obtaining your current degree(s)?

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Thanks for your message folks…

Jerry,
I am not trying to take short cuts. I am very, very familiar with structure, foundation, exterior, interior, roofing, and plumbing and I am confident of doing a thorough inspection tomorrow. I need to educate myself more on electrical and HVAC.

Jerry, I understand that being a Civil Engineer is totally different from being a Home Inspector. But, I honestly can not stay away from my job for more than a week. I will educate myself more to compensate for the lack of second week class-room training; I will also ensure that my lack of additional one-week training does not translate into poor inspection service to my Customers. Fair enough Jerry?

From your messages, I have decided to abandon the idea of taking correspondence course and go for class-room course.

Sincerely,
Senthil Puliyadi

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Oh by the way, I don’t know where you’re located but there are quite a few onsite courses out there - many of which are more thorough than ITA’s.

Dan,

I live in San Francisco bay area, California. I am not sure if there is anything other than ITA. I might be wrong. Please let me know.

Jeffrey,
I am sorry to address you "Jerry" before. It is beyond me when I know for sure that you are Jeffrey but I still addressed you as "Jerry". Take it easy.

Thanks,
Senthil

Originally Posted By: jpope

Senthil Puliyadi wrote:
Jeffrey,
I am sorry to address you "Jerry" before. It is beyond me when I know for sure that you are Jeffrey but I still addressed you as "Jerry". Take it easy.

Thanks,
Senthil

No worries Senthil. I knew to whom you were referring.

Good luck and keep us posted.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: senomoto

ITA has a class in Oakland. I just took the two week course in Vegas. I am a general contractor and I still learned a great deal more than I thought I would.

Take two weeks of your life for a lifetime career. You wont regret it.

Just a thought

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message.

I just finished my classes yesterday at Oakland, CA. The course content and teaching methods (instruction and lab) were excellent. The best available.

Thanks,
Senthil