Its time the oahi members know

Posted for Cam Allen

……….ITS TIME THE OAHI MEMBERS KNOW…………….
**I am quite confident that there will some comment about the following letter,
but it is time the OAHI members know where yet another gross waste of their
membership fees has been going. I also realize that the largest reason this has
happened is because the OAHI board hates my guts with a passion and not one
of them will admit that what has happened here is wrong and
somebody….anybody within the board should have stopped this many, many
months ago. I will begin in September of 2007. The OAHI Kingston Regional
Meeting Group attempts to reorganize with a Meeting in Kingston. It was an open
meeting asking for anyone to attend. In case you don’t know the Ontario
Lakeshore from Oshawa to the Quebec Border has less than 25 members, of
which 17 are RHI’s. In the Belleville/Quinte region there are “O” members.
Claude Lawrenson attended with the NCA presentation, it was poorly attended
and a small group began the journey to try and re-establish this group after the
debacle of Ralph Banks. In November of 2007 we held another meeting at the
Ambassador in Kingston. With a strong training format, we attracted over 40
people, the four OAHI members who decided to restart this group were pleased,
until the OAHI board stepped in that is.
For three months in the fall of 2007 the board waffled from; there will be no
meetings for anyone that is not an OAHI member unless they pay, they will allow
one meeting before you join or two meetings before you join and today I am
really not sure which it is. For years it was two meetings for anyone who wanted
to see what OAHI was all about, are we not in the business of developing and
expanding the membership? The Chairmen of both Ottawa and SWOMG raised
their voices and to the best of my knowledge their groups remain with an
invitation for two meetings before you must join. Kingston was told no. The
President at the time Mr. Lloyd then stated that we must get prior approval for
any meeting and this became a “hot potato” for the OAHI board. I have clear
evidence that meetings in other locations did not or do not need the blessings of
the board. During my previous position as Chair of the Kingston Group no such
approval was needed.
The Kingston Group then ran yet another well attended meeting in January of
2008 and was refused acknowledgement of the meeting or the cost, this one I
paid for. The Kingston Group is now dormant. Weeks of heated arguments
ensued until April of this year when I filed Civil Court action against OAHI to pay
for these meeting rooms. We are talking about $1200.00 here. That is for the
room and coffee for two meetings. The OAHI defense arrived; it is a stack of
documents and copies of e-mails that measures nearly ¾ inch thick.
Some weeks later at a hearing to find if there were grounds for settlement
adjourned with no settlement arrived at. Late in the summer I sent a brief e-mail
to Pres Gogal stating that this has gone far enough and we should consider the
members $$$ and settle this as men, so to speak…….I heard nothing.
I filed for trial in September and lo and behold yet another defense arrives in
late October in the form of a motion that says the Kingston Meeting Group cannot
sue OAHI because “we are part of OAHI” and “lack the legal capacity to
commence or continue the action” …………read that again clearly. They try for a
quick trial date that I could not make and it seems that the lawyer for Blumberg
Segal was “not available” to change the date. I wrote the court and explained our
position. Mr. Segal promptly steps in, ignored this notice and sent one of his
lawyers to Kingston to try and push this thru….fortunately the courts in this great
country generally believe in some manner of fair play and told Mr. Segal’s lawyer
that this was not going to happen and this would be dealt with at the proper trial
date. I might add that this motion is a stack of documents near a half inch thick.
This is insanity……….I walked all of the OAHI filings into my lawyers office
recently and asked him what he thought this was costing, his estimate was
“based upon Bay St rates, I bet they have got ten to fifteen grand tied up in this
so far” Remember we are talking about 2 meetings here and one attempt by
myself to stop this by negotiation………no response.
Where are we now; OAHI has two different defense filings on the same case,
this should be interesting as to how the courts see this, paid the Pres to come to
Kingston, paid one of the Segal Lawyers for a round trip and it hasn’t gone to trial
yet. I can only shudder what the trial would cost OAHI. All of this because Cam
Allen is hated by the board, believes in the National Program and he won’t kiss
the derriere of the OAHI brass and nobody on the Board obviously gives a damn
about the insanity of this…………its your membership money here remember.
How much have the fees gone up this year??
I will now make the same offer the Kingston Group made months ago, we will
withdraw the action and settle for 1000.00 and will pay the rest of this out of our
pocket…………is anybody at OAHI listening???..are there any OAHI board
egos here that need to be pampered when common sense should reign here??
Regards
Cam Allen

They say pride goes before a fall!..talk about gross mismanagement of funds…Sheesh!

Bill,
If Cam has something to say about OAHI, he should address this through OAHI.
Running it through another member of another association does not give credibility to him.
Why does Cam have everyone else post for him. If he feels this should be an InterNACHI issue, why is he not a member.
If he feels this should be posted for OAHI BOD members he should post it himself or he can easily have it posted with the referral that he cannot post there.
Posting it here is totally non-productive.
I feel if you have a problem with them, it should be addressed to them. Not aired in a forum where it will just causes more retarded comments.
If Cam cannot post freely on the OAHI board he can contact me.

TWO OBSERVATIONS;

1 - Here is the same person who exited this organization under questionable circumstances surrounding claimed unpaid invoices who appears to be repeating the whole sorry story with yet another organization. Draw your own conclusions.

2 - It says a lot about this organization that a malcontent finds it necessary to befriend a member to use that member as a mouth piece to air his dirty laundry. It is because only NACHI provides Canadian Inspectors with a free and open forum for all and even welcomes the rantings of persons willing to abuse the good intentions of our members for the advancement of their own questionable agendas.

NACHI, Can NACHI and anything related to them are embarrassing jokes. iNACHI offers some good stuff, but it always winds up being a bait and switch, Barnum and Bailey thing. If Nick would stop his bull**** NACHI would have a chance. However, right now you all look like a pack of losers for putting your lives and futures in Nick’s hands. I wish you luck, but please stay away from the true, credible and valid inspectors. We quite frankly want nothing to do with you.

Bill Mullen

David:

That is a nice, but very naive thought. Cam is not allowed to post anything to the OAHI site even though he is a paid up, member in good standing.

I have tried to post Cam’s message on the OAHI site but it was deleted within fifteen minutes. Since you have offered, please post it.

Please don’t judge Cam or anyone else until you have experienced the bumbling wrath of the OAHI Board of Directors. My feeling is that they should at a minimum be kicked out and at a maximum, some of them should be in jail.

Bill Mullen

I am sorry, I posted a lengthy reply but again it was lost. Here is a brief summary as I just wasted 2 hours of my time. In future I will post shorter messages. In the past four or five years every AGM included special assessments of $40,000 to $80,000 which were approved by the members. Every Board has been reluctant to collect this including our Board. As a result we should have been running at a deficit except that our Education committee through courses, workshops and the National Conference kept the budget from showing large losses. Our Board decided that this was not healthy and decided a fee increase was the only way to keep the association going and allow future Boards to operate with a balanced budget. The truth is we are a small organization with 400 active members with a total fees collected for next year of $168,000. This is not much since we are paying a bookkeeper, administrator, registrar, receptionist, and COO. Luckily our education committee through new candidates and seminars generates an additional $80,000 in memberships and $200,000 in fees. Without this money there would be little our organization could do behnd maintaining a basic registry. Our Board has already started reducing costs. We held the last 2 meetings as teleconference meetings and during our budget deliberations next week we hope to reduce expenses $50,000 to $100,000. We also agree 2 installments should be allowed and hopefully this will be approved. We will keep you posted. Remember that our work with the insurance brokers greatly reduced your insurance premiums by over $2,000. This is a direct benefit to members.

Phil Bottriell, Treasurer and Glen Gogal, President

Thanks Phil.

Gents, To follow up my previous posting, I will condense the response down in regards to the office. If you look on the posted quarterly statement you will see Capital Assets - Leasehold Improvements $24,551.45 and Office furniture $16,461.72. This is the cost of the office fit-up. We had proposed a budget at the AGM of $50,000 using our line of credit since these are capital assets, and we have stayed under this number. The Leasehold improvement part of the budget was $35,000 and we are well under that. These costs were approved at the AGM along with the other large budget items. Now an explanation and I hope I do not contravene our confidentiality agreement: I joined the Board last year and was appalled to find us in a shared space with another organization with no store front signage or recognition and the information about the association spread in houses across Ontario. It was impossible for the Board to govern properly. Glen Gogal took it upon himself to find us space and after much work found us space in the same building. Glen did extensive negotiations to get a very favorable lease. Tom and Glen presented this to the Board but because the Board was constantly under siege we were very late in making a decision, I think it was November when we finally made a decision with a lease expiring in december. Our first contact with contractors was that the work could not be done in the time provided which was short. I put together a budget based on the work required using Means Cost data and measurements at about $35,000. The Board was presented with prices for carpeting etc. and we made the decision to go with some cheaper flooring and fittings and to do minimal tear downs and rebuilding. Glen was given the mandate to get volunteers and hire subcontractors to complete the work and since he was experienced he also did some of the work. The $24,000 includes all labour and materials with labour about 40 % of this total. OAHI got great value for money and finally a place to store and keep everything as well as a training facility. We also have a sign on the front of the building with the OAHI and CAHPI logos. We can now bring people from other organizations to see our organization in action and be proud. I have a question back if anyone has an answer. I was provided with budget numbers from the AGM of CAHPI in their minutes of October 2008. There was no actual expense numbers for the year to date or previous years for CAHPI or the NCP. There was a treasurers report but it was not included. I would like to be able to tell our members how their money is being spent by CAHPI so would appreciate information. Can I get this? Is Blain Swan the person to talk to? Sorry this is a quick version but am hoping this gets posted. Phil Bottriell

It seems that someone has copied a post that our Treasurer has made here and posted it on the NACHI message board. This person has also created a user ID in Phil’s name on the NACHI message board. Below is the email I sent to NACHI yesterday but have not yet received a reply From: Gerry Quackenbush RHI [mailto:PublicRelations@OAHI.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:08 PM To: ‘fastreply@nachi.org’ Subject: Wrongful Post Webmaster, It has been brought to my attention that a post on your message board has been posted under an assumed alias at the following thread. http://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/its-time-oahi-members-know-34949/ I spoke with both Mr. Bottriell & Mr. Gogal who have confirmed that this post was not made by Mr. Bottriell. I ask that it be removed at your earliest convenience. Regards, Gerry Quackenbush RHI Director, Public Relations ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF HOME INSPECTORS Established by the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors Act, 1994 PublicRelations@OAHI.com 416-252-2400

Can anybody explain why this morning’s revelations about the OAHI finances posted by the current OAHI treasurer and president have disappeared?

RUDOLF REUSSE - TORONTO

I am reposting this as Phil’s pervious message was removed. I am sorry. I posted a reply but it was removed. Here is a brief summary again. In the past four or five years every AGM included special assessments of $40,000 to $80,000 which were approved by the members. Every Board has been reluctant to collect this including our Board. As a result we should have been running at a deficit except that our Education committee through courses, workshops and the National Conference kept the budget from showing large losses. Our Board decided that this was not healthy and decided a fee increase was the only way to keep the association going and allow future Boards to operate with a balanced budget. The truth is we are a small organization with 400 active members with a total fees collected for next year of $168,000. This is not much since we are paying a bookkeeper, administrator, registrar, receptionist, and COO. Luckily our education committee through new candidates and seminars generates an additional $80,000 in memberships and $200,000 in fees. Without this money there would be little our organization could do behnd maintaining a basic registry. Our Board has already started reducing costs. We held the last 2 meetings as teleconference meetings and during our budget deliberations next week we hope to reduce expenses $50,000 to $100,000. We also agree 2 installments should be allowed and hopefully this will be approved. We will keep you posted. Remember that our work with the insurance brokers greatly reduced your insurance premiums by over $2,000. This is a direct benefit to members. Glenn Gogal, President

Further to my posting above, In regards to the office. If you look on the posted quarterly statement you will see Capital Assets - Leasehold Improvements $24,551.45 and Office furniture $16,461.72. This is the cost of the office fit-up. We had proposed a budget at the AGM of $50,000 using our line of credit since these are capital assets, and we have stayed under this number. The Leasehold improvement part of the budget was $35,000 and we are well under that. These costs were approved at the AGM along with the other large budget items. Now an explanation and I hope I do not contravene our confidentiality agreement: I joined the Board last year and was appalled to find us in a shared space with another organization with no store front signage or recognition and the information about the association spread in houses across Ontario. It was impossible for the Board to govern properly. Glen Gogal took it upon himself to find us space and after much work found us space in the same building. Glen did extensive negotiations to get a very favorable lease. Tom and Glen presented this to the Board but because the Board was constantly under siege we were very late in making a decision, I think it was November when we finally made a decision with a lease expiring in december. Our first contact with contractors was that the work could not be done in the time provided which was short. I put together a budget based on the work required using Means Cost data and measurements at about $35,000. The Board was presented with prices for carpeting etc. and we made the decision to go with some cheaper flooring and fittings and to do minimal tear downs and rebuilding. Glen was given the mandate to get volunteers and hire subcontractors to complete the work and since he was experienced he also did some of the work. The $24,000 includes all labour and materials with labour about 40 % of this total. OAHI got great value for money and finally a place to store and keep everything as well as a training facility. We also have a sign on the front of the building with the OAHI and CAHPI logos. We can now bring people from other organizations to see our organization in action and be proud. I have a question back if anyone has an answer. I was provided with budget numbers from the AGM of CAHPI in their minutes of October 2008. There was no actual expense numbers for the year to date or previous years for CAHPI or the NCP. There was a treasurers report but it was not included. I would like to be able to tell our members how their money is being spent by CAHPI so would appreciate information. Can I get this? Is Blain Swan the person to talk to? Sorry this is a quick version but am hoping this gets posted and remains posted! Thanks Nick! Glenn

Glenn Gogal and Phil Bottreil would not post a message on this forum. It is not OAHI’s policy to argue their private affairs on a rival public forum, and I commend them for that.

I suspect that the NACHI forum is once more being hacked by someone we all know. I have been the victim of such an attack through hacking on my own site within the past two days and unfortunately there is no way to prove I have or have not made certain postings to this board.

Bill Mullen

Rudolf writes:

Rudolf, the explanation from Chris is posted where the post used to exist. Read why.

Bill,
Your ISP or Web host should be able to advise you where the posting IP address originates from. This type of mental midget needs to be advised in strong words that if this happens again that legal action can and will be taken.
You would think some people would spend more time on promoting thier business and less time being stupid.

XXXXX,
It is time to give it a rest. Find something CONSTRUCTIVE!

It seems that a number of OAHI members regularly visit this forum and some mixed messages do get posted here, therefore the OAHI Board of Directors is posting this message for clarification

*“There have been some questions lately regarding OAHI being involved in a legal issue with the Kingston Regional Meeting Group. The OAHI could not previously comment while a decision was pending. *
Attached are the pertinent documents which disclose the outcome of the case.”

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]We would like to update you on the Cam Allen case involving the OAHI.[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]In the Claim, the Plaintiff (Mr. Allen) was seeking $1,425.15 in respect of an[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]“unpaid account/invoice”. According to the Claim, the amount being claimed is the sum of two invoices rendered to OAHI in connection with various meetings held by the Kingston Group. The invoices that are the subject of the Claim are as follows:
(i) An invoice rendered to OAHI by the Ambassador Conference Resort in
Kingston, dated November 27, 2007, in the amount of $823.45; and
(ii) An invoice rendered to OAHI by Minos Village Restaurant in Kingston,
dated October 2, 2007, in the amount of $601.70.
[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]A Defence was prepared and filed on behalf of OAHI and the directors by Tom[/size][/FONT]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]Lloyd (not the OAHI Lawyer Ron Segal) there was no cost associated here
because Tom Lloyd took it upon himself on behalf of the BOD to prepare a
defence.
The Defence is a lengthy document which refutes the allegations made in the
claim. The main issue in dispute appears to be whether the Kingston Group had
received the necessary authorization from OAHI to incur these expenses on
OAHI’s behalf.
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]Mr. Lloyd’s position, on behalf of OAHI, was that the Kingston Group had[/size][/FONT]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]not followed the correct procedure and therefore did not have the authority to[/FONT][/size]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]incur these expenses on behalf of OAHI.
[/FONT][/size][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]It is also noted and filed that Mr. Lloyd and Mr. Allen both appeared in court to[/size][/FONT]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]state their case before the Justice to determine merit of a suit. The Justice emphatically suggested to Mr. Allen that he drop this case, yet he ignored the
warning and still pursued it. Following Mr. Lloyds departure from the BOD and the Association [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]– [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]the case was [/size][/FONT][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]then taken over by OAHI legal council. This is where Mr. Allen attempts to mislead everyone so in essence there was never 2 separate claims filed.
[/FONT][/size][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]Each member should be aware that when Mr. Allen ran these meetings in[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]Kingston, he organized it and billed it as:
First: a NACHI meeting, open to all Ontario Home Inspectors and was denied by NACHI.
Then Second: a CAHPI National meeting and was then denied by CAHPI.
Then Third: an OAHI meeting and was denied by OAHI.
The BOD, as with the other associations, found Mr. Allen[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]’s bill [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]to be excessive[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]and unauthorized and thus denied payment. ($1,425.15 for two meetings serving
coffee in Kingston, for how many supposed members & non members?)

Members of the OAHI [/size][/FONT]

[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]– [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]you are aware that by electing us, you put your faith in [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]our ability to manage the affairs of the association on your behalf and ensure that events like this do not threaten the principles and by-laws of our association. It is quite clear that Mr. Allen is the one misleading the members along with his usual suspects, forever trying to conjure up images that the BOD of the OAHI be it past, present or future is carelessly spending and managing the association finances.When in Fact: 1) Mr. Allen was the individual who submitted the 1,425.15
account/invoice without authorization.
2) So we are absolutely clear, it was Mr. Cam Allen who has been the instigator of this law suit and in turn, wasted all of our time and money on this matter.
We encourage you to read the three documents attached.
As you can see, as of Nov 13[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=1][FONT=Times New Roman][size=1]th[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4], 2008, this matter was resolved in the superior court[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]of justice., as per [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]the “[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]Trial & Assessment Hearing Endorsement Record[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]”[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]. The[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]hand written portion, written by the judge, was typed out in the document

[/size][/FONT]
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]“Endorsement of Mr. Deputy Justice McNeely”[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]. [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]The letter addressed to Mr. Glenn Gogal, from Ronald S. Segal clearly explains the results from the trial.
The Civil Court hearing

[/size][/FONT]
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]PROMPTLY DISMISSED WITHOUT ANY [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]**[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]SETTLEMENT AND IN FACT, THE ASSOCIATION WAS GRANTED **$100.00 FOR COSTS.
[/size][/FONT]
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]Mr. Cam Allen this week posted to various forums all these serious false[/size][/FONT]
[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]accusations against the board, see a copy of his post below.
To address a few of Mr. C[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]am Allen’s comments in his [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]post:[/size][/FONT]

[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]Why did Mr. Cam Allen not file a claim/law suit against NACHI or CAHPI

when they denied his bill?
In his note below, he states that he is hated by the Board, yet out of the three
associations, he chose to sue the OAHI, it begs to ask which party has the vendetta.
Let it be known that Mr. Allen did not show up for the preliminary hearing on
November 3, 2008 as he was requested to do by the court. The justice then ruled
that because of his absence the preliminary hearing would be moved to the same
date that was scheduled for the trial hearing on November 13, 2008. During the
preliminary hearing on November 13, 2008 the justice ruled accordingly and
dismissed the claim and no trial was required. The OAHI was represented in court
in all cases, but where was Mr. Cam Allen?
Mr. Allen states in his last paragraph posted this week that he will withdraw the
action and settle for $1000.00. It is quite apparent to everyone that this case has
been closed as of November 13, 2008.
Mr. Allen owes an apology to the members and the BOD for these false statements
and for [/FONT][/size][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]wasting everyone’s time and money i[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]n this matter.[/size][/FONT]

[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman]I am certain you will be convinced with these clear facts that this BOD is acting in
your best interest with no attempts to mislead anyone or mismanage anything.[/FONT][/size]

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]$1,425.15 for two coffee meetings![/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=4]

[size=4][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]December 2, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Ontario Association of Home Inspectors[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Box 38108
Castlewood R.P.O.
Toronto ON M5N 3A8

Attention: Mr. Glenn Gogal, President
Dear Glenn,
Re: Ontario Association of Home Inspectors, et al. ats CAPHI-Ontario Kingston
Group
Court File No.: SC–08–00000024-0000
Further to the above-noted matter, we confirm that we attended at the Kingston Small Claims Court on behalf of Ontario Association of Home Inspectors and the other Defendants to the above-referenced action on November 13, 2008 for the hearing of the Motion that we brought on behalf of the Defendants and, if necessary, the trial of the Plaintiff’s Claim.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]We are pleased to advise that Mr. Deputy Justice McNeely, upon reading our Motion materials and hearing the submissions made by us at Court, granted our Motion and struck out the Plaintiff’s Claim. Accordingly, a trial of the Plaintiff’s Claim was not necessary.
In addition, Mr. Deputy Justice McNeely made a costs order against Cam Allen
personally, ordering Mr. Allen to pay the Defendants $100.00 as costs.
In this regard, we are enclosing a copy of the Court Order containing Mr. Deputy Justice McNeely’s handwritten Endorsement, as well as a typewritten transcription of the Endorsement.

As this matter has now been concluded, we take this opportunity to enclose our Statement of Account for professional services rendered in connection with the matter, dated December 2, 2008, in the amount of $2,500.00 for fees, as agreed, plus disbursements and GST.
We are pleased that this matter has been successfully concluded. If you have any
questions in connection with the matter, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Kind regards,
BLUMBERG SEGAL LLP
Ronald S. Segal
SDC/kg
Encl.
cc: Aubrey Leblanc,
Chief Operating Officer

[FONT=Times New Roman]Gerry Quackenbush RHI[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Director, Public Relations on behalf of the Board of Directors[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF HOME INSPECTORS
Established by the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors Act, 1994[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

Congratulations Mr. Quackenbush! ( if that’s who you are :p:D)

Posted at the request of Raymond Wand:

OAHI USING InterNACHI RESOURCES TO MAKE PUBLIC STATEMENTS!

Interesting that OAHI is now utilizing the InterNACHI board to get the message out regarding Cam Allens small court claim. Even more interesting is the fact that no one is assured the person posting is Gerry Quackenbush. Would it not be logical that issuing such statements would not be on OAHI letterhead to ensure its authenticity?

Most recently I was assured through the Appeal process that my appeal fee of $300 plus gst would be refunded as stated by the Appeal Chairman none other than the Treasurer Phil Bottriell back in mid September. Repeated inquiries of the Treasurer, Secretary and OAHI Administrator with carbon copies sent to Mr. Segal OAHI legal counsel of record have at this point gone unanswered. This just drives home the fact that OAHI is incompetent or/and purposely denying or acknowledging my rights and/or is financially insolvent given its recent cry for increased membership fee increase. Even stranger is the fact OAHI is registered as a non profit entity but continually shows revenue which is not put back into the membership via reduced educational courses and seminars and conferences.

As of this point and writing this post I have emailed Mr. Quackenbush to inquire of him why my refund has not been received nor the lack of any form of reply from a so called self regulating body that is desperate to prove its is operating legitimately.

I have also invited Mr. Wayne Christopher to post OAHI’s retort to Mr. Allens claims on this site ( http://oahi.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=123770&p=3&topicID=22764003 ) but alas up until this point it seems OAHI only wishes to utilize the services of its arch enemy InterNACHI!

I will be sure to let all you know the outcome should OAHI return the appeal fee let alone answer.

Raymond Wand RHI