Ivan the Terrible

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Panama City Beach had tornadoes and everthing else… I have eaten at this rest. many times…

![](upload://gi1UyREWYN9StY1miMLbAbJaNm4.jpeg)

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

And here is what is next:

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic ? Jeanne strengthened from a tropical storm into the sixth hurricane of the season and struck the evacuated eastern tip of the Dominican Republic on Thursday, a day after lashing Puerto Rico with damaging winds and rain that knocked out power, flooded roads and killed two people.

A hurricane warning was posted for the eastern and northern coasts of the Dominican Republic (search), as forecasters told the storm-weary Caribbean to monitor the progress of Jeanne, which had 80 mph winds with higher gusts.

The storm could potentially reach Florida, Georgia and South Carolina by the beginning of next week, according to the National Hurricane Center (search) in Miami.

![](upload://trcz1DbPCZORFCgjLlW2cC8vTqt.jpeg)

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

Brian, regardless of how many trees are down, 12 are dead already. That is plenty serious.

Very true Daniel. I'm also sure there must be worse damage than what we've seen so far, I was just in fear of much worse given the size and strength it had yesterday. It looked like it would wipe the coast out.

Now Jeanne is coming around. Please, someone turn off the hurricane machine! I can't remember this many coming so close together, all making landfall.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Brian A. Goodman wrote:
Now Jeanne is coming around. Please, someone turn off the hurricane machine! I can't remember this many coming so close together, all making landfall.

Yes, please.

I just paid for a 12kw continuous rated, propane powered, house back up power generator tonight on my way home from today's inspection. This is not a portable one, this weighs about 500 pounds and is permanent, automatic transfer switch and emergency panel and all. Like this one. Hope to pick it up this weekend.

Probably won't get it installed before Jeanne, but if that one does come, I at least will have it here so I can use it. We have been lucky on power outages, but I know many people who have lost power, not for hours, but for days. I WANT MY AC, and this one will do that.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida