I've been speaking with ASHI's Jeff Barnes about Kansas Home Inspector Law.

Yes.

You cited the NACHI Tv page as your authority to oppose the will of the members and interfere in state matters for your own financial gain.

It was wrong.

ASHI in Missouri is in opposition to the law and the people that you support, in their efforts to cram it down our throats, and I will be joining them in doing the right thing and opposing you and Barnes. I will use whatever means that is available to me to see that NACHI plays no role in the Missouri battle or its aftermath.

BTW: No one is buying this bull$hit about your concern for NACHI members by providing these silly videos to the states. You are providing them to all licensed inspectors at the same rates and have done nothing more than broadened your market…while pretending to help NACHI members (against their will and over their objections).

Jim writes:

Nonsense. Where? Chris and I lost $400k on NACHI.TV already and we can’t get its production costs under $425.00 a minute. Besides, its a TV show. Don’t watch it if you don’t want to.

As for Missouri, we will treat it as we do all unlicensed states. Our policy on this is long-standing. InterNACHI does not involve itself in deciding whether licensing should be adopted or not. That is up to the members in that state to make their own fate. We only get involved to the extent that we assure the bill is fair, just like we did in MI, WA, NJ, NY, PA, GA, AL, NH, KY, TN, etc (all states where we had changes made to proposed legislation to assure fairness to InterNACHI members). I can tell you what we’ve done in those states if you are particularly interested in any one. Anyway, our legislative efforts have 100% successful and there is no place on the planet earth where you have to (by law) be a member of any association other than InterNACHI.

We’re proud of our legislative success. InterNACHI is gold… all over the world. And be it by court injunction or beer (Jeff and I prefer the latter), Kansas will be no different than the rest of the planet earth.

It is convenient and profitable for you to accept the lies from the ASHI president whose dog belongs to your association. I understand that.

But you must understand that none of us in Missouri or Kansas appreciate or want your involvement. You lied to us and have betrayed us. Spin it any way you want to, but what you did was wrong.

I am preparing my written and public apology to the many NACHI and Nick Gromicko detractors who I have engaged in battle with, in the past, and who assured me that this day would come.

Are you going to be specific or are you going to continue to use generalities that can’t be refuted like “what you did was wrong.”

Let me know soon, close to bed time.

What is the lie you keep referring to?

Specifically…

The email from Barnes you have conveniently embraced is made up of lies.

You lied to us when you pretended to send a letter to the governor threatening a suit if Barnes was put on the board, or betrayed us by refusing to follow through in order to seek favor for NACHI Tv.

You are involving yourself with a state board regarding matters that affect NACHI members without invitation, without permission, and against their will.

There are a few specifics, for starters. I’m going to bed too.

Your generalities like “what you did was wrong” without being able to say specifically what it is I did… or… this lie you keep referring to without being able to say what the lie was… or… your cha ching crap without explaining who it is that pockets the money by having access to free education… all tires me out. Last chance to be specific. Can ya do it?

|There are several. The email from Barnes, as Paul Sabados has explained — and those from you regarding your opposition to the ASHI president with the dog who joined NACHI from serving on the board.

Already did.

Jim writes:

Your belief that someone else’s words are lies have what to do with me?

Dan Bowers has presented you with a chronology of facts regarding how ASHI excluded people from meeting on writing the bill, months ago…opposing Barnes’ account. Do you take the word of an ASHI author of a licensing bill over your own member who was there?

Jim writes:

Uh, do you mean the same Dan Bowers who has these logos on his school website? http://www.homeinspectiontraining.net/ and no InterNACHI logo?

I do not believe you, Nick.

I know you well enough to know that you will do what you want to do, and you will ignore those facts that make it wrong…and invent others to make it right.

Arguing is a waste of time.

Sell your infomercials to whatever state will buy them and pretend like you are doing it for NACHI. Somebody, somewhere will believe it.

Good night.

I’ll be straight up here:

Yesterday I was worried that certain members of the Kansas Board would criminally abuse their positions of authority to craft rule language that would cause them to be able to approve their association and delay approval of InterNACHI to their personal financial benefit. And I was worried that they would also criminally abuse their postions of authority to approve their schools or their other association commrade’s schools and delay or deny approval of InterNACHI’s continuing education offerings to their personal financial benefit… and I had good reason to be worried. I prepared for the worst. I got news media prepared, lawyers prepared, NACHI.TV reporters perpared, court injunctions prepared, etc.

Today, after communicating back and forth with Jeff Barnes, I’m not nearly as worried. He seems like a decent fella to me. I look forward to posting InterNACHI’s board approval here on this message board not a minute later than ASHI posts theirs.

Jim writes:

Just when I thought you couldn’t admit defeat by being any more vague… you post something even more vague. I love these specific, detailed facts you use support your claims. In particular:

• “I know you well enough to know that you will do what you want to do”
  • “you will ignore those facts that make it wrong”
  • “and invent others to make it right”
  • “Somebody, somewhere will believe it.”
    Such detail! So specific!

Oh and that line about selling infomercials to states when you damn well know that www.nachi.tv is almost entirely free, that our online education www.nachi.org/education.htm is free, and that states don’t buy courses or infomercials or episodes anyway… was a nice touch. Cha ching was getting old.

Good night. I’m a bit weak on the subject of tankless water heaters and am going to watch http://www.nachi.tv/episode49 before I go to bed.

Did I mention the educational episode on tankless water heaters is open to all inspectors and completely free? :roll:

With all do respect Nick, stop with the info commercials. This is a very serious issue.
Your new found buddy Jeff Barnes has ran the NACHI name through the dirt. He has lied continuously to NACHI members and to legislators. I invite Jeff Barnes to dispute my claims. He says he visits this message board, so what do you say Jeff?

Nick is this true. Did Dan provide with those facts?

You can pretend all that you want that you lack specific facts from me to know why it was wrong for you to betray the members in Kansas who were counting on your support. You might fool a couple of folks, but anyone with more than one active brain cell can see how you sold out members who thought they belonged to a home inspection association…only to find out they belonged to NACHI Tv.

Just like your Commercial home inspection company that you are setting up…where members who do commercial inspections will have a choice to be employed by you at a fee that you want to pay, or have you competing against them in their own markets…you are in this for Nick at the expense of the membership. But that is an entirely other thread…