Jet tub on second floor

I agree. Everyone has their own risk level. My position with jetted tubs is to fill them to just above the jets and verify that the pump moves water. I operate them in the same way that an unsuspecting client might operate them.

2 Likes

Well, I have delineated my operation. Second floor tubs get the push button test, 1st floor slab houses with tubs get the whole tomato.

My 3rd inspection for money I overfilled the 2nd story tub because I was new and distracted. I now set an alarm on my phone for 3 minute intervals in case I walk away while the tub is filling. I know that has nothing to do with jets, but it has made me wary because I know the trouble she brings.

1 Like

I agree, Ryan. Others can do what they want.

2 Likes

This is a great job for the early-arriving client. Start the water and have them stand and watch it until the jets are covered. If you have 2 jet tubs or a whirlpool you can keep them occupied for quite a while!

2 Likes

Unless THEY get distracted. Then… :flushed: :scream:

4 Likes

Off topic, but I like to have them open and close windows and doors and bring problems to my attention.

2 Likes

I gave you ONE JOB!

one-job

1 Like

Doesn’t matter to me what type of pipes are connected to the motor.
Unless it’s a MRP or plastic casing there will be a small copper clip on it for a bond wire connection.
Same theory as a pool motor/pump.

whirpool tub1

whirpool no bond

whirpool tub2

4 Likes

THAT’s the way to do it, Marc, IMHO!

2 Likes

Good stuff, Thanks!

1 Like

I have actually found one or two that either didn’t make noise or made noise they shouldn’t make.

1 Like

Good points Martin, but aren’t tub drains inaccessible?

I must say I’m surprised at the number of people that do not fill and operate Jet Tubs, or as they are referred to hydro massage tubs.

1 Like

They are but they are not under mechanical pressure.

I’m curious since operating a jetted tub is outside of the SOP, do those of you that do this also run a full cycle with the dishwasher and cloths washer?

I start a normal cycle on the dishwasher and cancel/drain it after a few minutes. I don’t test the clothes washer as it is not a “built-in” appliance.

2 Likes

I don’t really care about the washer itself, most of the time they go with the seller. But I do run the washer to check the plumbing.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea I suppose. I’ll have to consider starting to do this.

2 Likes

Same here, unless it’s full of clothes (more common than you think).

3 Likes

Yep super common to have it jammed full of clothes. I do the same if there are clothes.

1 Like