Joe Myer's screws up the NACHI Message Board

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

By posting a new reply to what seems like every old message, the newer popular threads have been relegated to 3rd or even 4th page status where most people can’t or won’t find them.

I had to go to page 4 of the miscellaneous section to find the ASHI Inspector screws up another inspection thread so I could post Greg Bell's pictures.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Erby:

I agree. It's a mess. The fix seems simple though, we'll just go thru and respond to the ones we are interested in again. This will pull these threads back to the top.

The NACHI Foundation has set up a fund for victims of Joe Myer's. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Nick

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

OK, send me some money. Quick.

Unfortunately, quite a few people will just not bother to dig for the good threads.

Just get frustrated and go elsewhere.

What the heck, though. His number of posts will look good even if the quality doesn't!!

![eusa_wall.gif](upload://hILV5Z8gRVLwzVpRIDJEm01uB52.gif)

He does have a point though with some of those old threads asking for help that NOBODY ever responded to.

I hope we all do better at that part of it.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

The silver lining is that some of our hot threads were getting boring and some of these old dead threads (I now must scan thru) look interesting.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

All,

Take a guess who noticed http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=240 the penultimate inspector's snooze forum.

Joe This-place-looks-like-a-train-wreck Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Erby,

Sorry that I put you out there in space with those threads that interest you and everyone else for that matter.

I wish that everyone would take a few moments to help each other, members and non members alike. I believe it looks really bad for all of us when so many posts are left unanswered, most asking for help from our members.

When I started answering them this morning there were about 165 that were left unanswered, many by our fearless leader, announcing chapter formations, meetings or just letting everyone know where to go to "get it" if you need their services.

I am glad to see that the visitors on the other forum seem to think they are above us, in true ASHI fashion. I do have a few words to add. If they were so great (making us lower than themselves) then why were they visiting our BB! I have a few comments from none other than Scott P and Jim M how smart and friendly their forum is, while we are doing the free wheeling thing!

Well now, it must be pretty boring over there for them to be visiting us, reading our lowly religious thread. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

FU** those snobs, who the HE** needs them! Surely not us, we can be successful without them and ASHI and we can save ourselves a whole lot of money in the process!

Guess the last laugh is on us, directed at them.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jremas

This is really screwed up. All of these new replies have made it almost impossible to get the the REAL new item. Starting to waste my time now.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Jeff:

Maybe you should go to TIJ. They have about 4 active threads, 3 deal with why they don't like NACHI's board of 21,000 posts.

You won't find Jerry Peck or me there though (that may be good or bad).

Nick

Originally Posted By: jremas

Thanks for the direction Nick, I do visit and post there as well. I really don’t see the point in replying to unanswered posts from August. If there have been no replies by now the subject is probably dead or covered elsewhere.

Many of the unanswered posts were INFORMATIVE posts by you just letting us know about something new. I do read those posts but there is no reason to reply, Unless I have a question. If you post that someone is giving us a discount then GREAT!, now I know.

Of couse Joe has the freedom to reply to anything he wants without fear of retribution. Unfortunately the new / active topics get lost in the crowd of useless replies. Oh well, too bad for me.

Sorry to get under your skin to the point where you are telling me to go somewhere else. NACHI membership has been great for me and I admit that. The benefits are fantastic. I just don't have to agree with everything we do.

QUALITY NOT QUANTITY

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Jeff:

I agree completely. Joe Myers lives about 5 miles from me. I'm considering going over there and prune the DSL line to his house.

I guess we'll have to just go thru all the threads and bring our favorites back up to the top by posting on them again.

Insufferable.

On the other end of the argument, I did find some interesting threads I haven't visited in a while.

Nick

, I decided to never visit it either.

I'm permanently banned from InspectionNazinews.

I don't visit NACHI's member-only sections.

I'm too technically inept to post in NACHI's General Inspection Discussion.

Not For Everyone is a long way to scroll down.

And now Misc. is all shuffled up.

I'm homeless.

Nick

Originally Posted By: dkeough

I was watching Joe earlier and I thought he was going for the mosts posts in a hour. I think he was just trying to add to some old posts, but why bother when nobody did 5 months ago. I see your point Joe, but if someone has not got a ride for an inspection 6 months ago. I hope they still do not need one.

Happy New Year