Joe Tedesco should be permitted to continue as a member poll

Originally Posted By: escanlan
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

Originally Posted By: mboyett

I believe Joe had his day ‘in court’ and, from all outward appearances, did not handle that process well. Now, you may not agree with the process but that’s a different story. Not to mention the original egregious acts he was accused and apparently found guilty of. I think reinstating him at this point would set a very bad precedent and example.

(p.s. Manny, you and I agree on most all issues and I hope my disagreement doesn't affect our friendship ![aiwebs_003.gif](upload://c305gAHrDBPFVRQBY0hpwJdCXyU.gif))

--
Mike Boyett
Capital City Inspections
Austin, Tx
www.capcityinspections.com

Quote:
(p.s. Manny, you and I agree on most all issues and I hope my disagreement doesn't affect our friendship )

Absolutely no affect at all! I don't work that way and believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone's opinion should count! If we could all agree on the same things, all of the time, then change for the better may never happen.

Just please remember to forget that I have a hydroponic operation going here!! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Originally Posted By: dbush

Should the NO choice be changed from “he has not helped me” to NO, what he did was against COE and was wrong.

He may have helped a lot of people, but that does not excuse his actions, IMO.

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

This poll was requested by Joe Tedesco himself, first to Nick, who refused.

The decision was made by ESOP, and was reviewed by John Bowman and myself. We agreed with the decision of ESOP.

The matter is done.....for a year.

Originally Posted By: lkage

I have no doubt Joe has helped people.

He also made some choices that had consequences.

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: cmccann

I agree with Dave Bush. The poll is not worded properly. For me it’s a slam dunk… NO!

The dress he plastered all over the board sealed the deal for me..... ![aiwebs_012.gif](upload://63e3k9zGD6Ee5hBzLypL1lDJzM5.gif)

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Removing Joe from NACHI was the proper decision.

Thanks to everyone involved in the decision process.

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: pdacey

As worded, the poll is bogus.

Joe made a bad decision and now has to live with the consequences of that decision. I have no problem with that. Whether he has helped anyone or not is irrelevant. His expulsion was based on the actions he chose to take.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: gporter

The right decision was made. He must live with the discipline.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: pdickerson

I also don’t agree with the wording of the poll. the responses should be simply “Yes” or “No”.

My vote is "No"

Frankly, I was frequently annoyed by his posts. Yes he is extremely knowledgeable in his field of expertise, but he brought a lot of unnecessary attitude to the dialogue. I found myself skipping over his posts quite a bit of the time. On the other hand, I read every word of the posts authored by JP BB and GF, and others who are concise, factual, and informative.

Originally Posted By: lewens

Joe’s posts were all about code. We are not about code we are about safety. The code today can be changed by the time you read this. I personnaly got tired of reading his posts, so stopped. His actions are what got him in trouble not his knowledge. I keep telling my grandkids," You have to live with the consequence of your actions".

Larry

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Originally Posted By: rwand1

I think there is a double standard being imposed by some. It seems its okay for Nachi resourses to be used by non members to send malicious emails and no one does anything about it. I have heard more excuses than Wrigley has gum. But when the big guns get pissed off it seems to be a different story and objectivity is thrown out the window.

Does Nachi have a by-law that is viewable by members or is it based on personalities and do they do as they please? I would like to see the by-laws so that I can see how we are all to play by the rules of the game.

The fact is many people whether they liked Joe or not were helped by him. I know I was.

As to Joe quoting code, that is irrelevent because we deal with code everyday or code related items. You can know the Code but you don't have to quote it verse and chapter. If you are questioned about your report and your findings I think it would behoove everyone to be able to back up the statement with hard facts. Facts which are in black and white in the Code books. I am not suggesting we know every code by heart but we definetly should have a working knowledge of them.

My personal opinions.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)
http://www.raymondwand.ca

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Who is Joe Tedesco?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Quote:
We are not about code we are about safety

Yes we are about safety but we are also about good construction practices and providing clients with opinions regarding both. Also I'll take the opportunity to quote the very first paragraph of the IRC. Please note especially the bolded portion.

Quote:
Introduction
Internationally, code officials recognize the need for a modern, up-to-date residential code addressing the design and construction of one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses. The International Residential Code?, in this 2003 edition, is designed to meet these needs through model code regulations that safeguard the public health and safety in all communities, large and small.

Raymond,

You have made some very good points!!

I would also like to add that many, many posts on the various forums here have quoted code in responses to members questions. Many have asked "How do I write this up?" or "Can someone give me a reference?". These posts are answered by many respected Inspectors in our group who have cited code. Yet I keep reading post replies from some of these very same members that "We're not code Inspectors". Then why quote code as a reply to these questions?

It appears that many of the negative comments about Joe Tedesco was that he is not "In Tune" with what Home Inspectors are inspecting for. That he goes way to deep into subjects, etc. etc. No one has ever been forced to participate in his NEC or electrical seminars/discussions. If it was such an aggravation you certainly have the opportunity to ignore it!

Joe Tedesco was there to teach anyone as much and as deep as they wanted to get into the codes. He was there to answer your questions and provide advice. Members were certainly free not to use his advice and answers.

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Originally Posted By: rdawes

Agree that it should simply be Yes or No.

BTW, there are others here who are equally knowledgeable in the electric code realm and understand the inspectors role there better.

--
Ron Dawes - MAB Member
ron@performance-inspections.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

- - - - -

Originally Posted By: wdecker

I agree.

The issue is not Joe's usefulness or helpfulness or likability or any of those red-herrings. The only question at hand is whether Joe violated the COE. It was the determination of our duely appointed representatives that he did (and I am pretty sure it was a prima facsa case. Most of us read the posts).

In any case, when someone does something wrong, thety MUST pay the price, regardless of how well they are liked.

As I understand it, Joe was banned for a year. One year is not forever.

Rules are rules. The actions of others have no bearing on what Joe did, so that bait and switch argument is meaningless as well.

The decision has been made and that is that.

Besides, if Joe had seen his mistake and admitted it and seen the error of his ways and appollogized and like that, maybet the ruling would have been different. As I remember, Joe still does not believe that he did anything wrong. That in itself is a problem and speaks volumes about the man.

When you mess up, admit it, appologize, take your limps and move on. That is how a man does things.

Hope this helps.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: mbazzo

John,

I agree with your thoughts and comments. Joe crossed the line by acting the way he has in the past and regarding the issue at hand. It's clear Joe has no respect for us as Home Inspectors or the profession and his expulsion from this org. was in the best interest of our future.

--
www.greatlakesinspections.com

Originally Posted By: gbell

I agree with the actions that were taken in regard to this matter. The next step is too educate people who have the misunderstandings that Joe had.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service