Join & Help Build a Webring

Originally Posted By: jremas
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Please visit my website and scroll to the bottom. You will see a webring bar. I am looking for folks to join the webring (free) as long as you have a website and can put the HTML in place. I get nothing for this, it is just for those of us with websites who want to increase traffic.

The directions must be followed to enter the HTML on your site.

Thanks,

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jeff:

I think you should ask Chris about this webring first. I'm not saying we know it all but I will say that Chris & I spend a lot of time and effort in getting our NACHI member's websites to come up high in search engines. I notice yours comes up pretty high everywhere (for a personal site). Raising your search engine ranking is an art (Chris). The rules of the game are somewhat secret (Nick). There are lots of tricks, manuevering, thinking, and outthinking on both sides. The website owners (offense) and the search engines (defense) efforts constitute a type of war over territory (ranking). I think the webring will hurt not help. Again, ask Chris as the technical aspect of this whole thing is better answered by him.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jremas

The webring is already established and has been for months. If it is detrimental then please let me know and i will get rid of it. Let me know, we are just looking for exposure.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

The most basic rule that applies to links is that if the links are related, they’re good. Just having tons of links that point to your site can be detrimental, but as long as it’s a inspection-specific web ring, a link exchange with NACHI, et cetera, it can only help.

Here's a quote from Google:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/facts.html wrote:
Fiction: Joining a link exchange or "free-for-all" link program will boost my rankings.
Fact: Linking schemes do not increase a given site's PageRank, and will often do a site more harm than good. Many sites that advertise link-sharing programs not only offer little value, but will distribute your email address without your permission, resulting in an increased volume of unwanted mail to you.

As long as you're not linking with "link-farms-usa.com" (a made up site), you'll be fine. The webring is a nice idea. Linking to NACHI and submitting your link to NACHI is a much better one (the more important the site that you're linking to/from, the more it helps).

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://Zcg9ixoXQI0Clz3sC8ODjA9bm4.html)

Originally Posted By: rray

I tried linking and got a “web server not found” message several times. Gots to move on to other things, like a margarita.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.